Funniest movie Ever?

Planes, Trains and Automobiles, with John Candy (RIP) and Steve Martin. A true comedy classic, I never get tired of watching it.

Its a Mad, mad, mad, mad world, is an old time classic. The number of top rated Hollywood stars in it is astounding.

The Party, with Peter Sellers. OMG the first time I saw it as a kid with my buddies I laughed so hard at times. " Howdy Partener." " Birdie Num Nums." " Does that include television sir."

Well there you have three greats in my book.

Life of Brian

"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!"

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us? "

"Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! "

I'll stop what I'm doing to watch any of these:

Airplane

Animal House

Blazing Saddles

Blues Brothers

Father Goose

History of the World, Part 1

Hot Shots

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Kelly's Heroes "Maybe he'll accept a deal." "What kind of a deal?" "A 'deal' deal."

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Naked Gun series

Napolean Dynamite

Operation Petticoat

Princess Bride

The Russans are Coming-The Russians are Coming

Space Balls

Top Secret

anything Marx Brothers

most anything Three Stooges

Humor certainly is subjective, though. I cannot stand Dumb and Dumber. Young Frankenstein would be watchable if it weren't for Teri Garr.

Operation Petticoat

The Great Race

Father Goose

and add...

Young Frankenstien

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

and the movie that apparently I was the only person on earth to see, Yellow Beard! (Man, that is a funny movie)!

I see Life of Brian mentioned, but no one has mentioned Monty Python and the Holy Grail yet. Love that film, especially the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch and the most dangerous creature ever created (a white rabbit of death).

Jay, Kevan Vogler mentioned it in post 44 ... ;)

Gregg

I see Life of Brian mentioned, but no one has mentioned Monty Python and the Holy Grail yet. Love that film, especially the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch and the most dangerous creature ever created (a white rabbit of death).

I mentioned it in post 27 (page 2)

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....t&p=2056846

Edited by RiderFan
For those who didn't get the joke in Young Frankenstein, Blucher in German is glue.

The word "schwanzstucker" (which really doesn't mean what it's implied to mean in the movie) also made an appearance in HellBoy 2. Dr. Johann's tells the director to .... his ectoplasmic schwanzstucker!

Classic zaniness - anything by The Marx Bros or W.C.Fields

Recent mindless slapstick - George of the Jungle (The Brandon Fraisier one)

All time cerebral comedy - Princess Bride

Haven't seen a truly funny cartoon in years, and most cinematic comedies are just to embarassingly painful to watch