Funniest movie Ever?

Team America (uncut version) for the ultimate in non-PC humor. If you are left-leaning or "progressive", avoid this movie like the plague!

Superbad

Monty Python's Life of Brian

Excuse me???? I LOVE "Team America" as well as the "South Park" movie--and I am all of those things. It's actually the best kind of satire because it lets NO ONE off the hook regardless of where they fall on the cultural/political spectrum. The part where the doctor voiced by Eric Idle tests the V-chip he implanted in Cartman's head is a major HOWL, and almost always has me ROTFLMAO.

Also love "Life of Brian" and "Holy Grail"

The Marx Brothers' "Night at the Opera" may well be one of their best, and is certainly one of my all-time favorites.

Still, if I absolutely MUST laugh, I always come back to Mel Brooks. "Spaceballs," "To Be or Not To Be," "History of the World Part I," "The Producers," "Robin Hood: Men in Tights," "Dracula, Dead and Loving It," and the aforementioned "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein." (I also like "The 12 Chairs," "High Anxiety" and "Life Stinks," but they're not quite in the same league.)

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Edited by Old Blind Dog
"Airplane!"

"Austin Powers 2"

"South Park: The Movie"

"Team America: World Police"

Agreed 100 percent! I will add (though a few have already been mentioned)

Bad Santa (never been to a movie where I laughed for 90 minutes straight before that)

Role Models

Talladega nights

Better Off Dead

Super Bad

Get him to the Greek

Excuse me???? I LOVE "Team America" as well as the "South Park" movie--and I am all of those things. It's actually the best kind of satire because it lets NO ONE off the hook regardless of where they fall on the cultural/political spectrum. The part where the doctor voiced by Eric Idle tests the V-chip he implanted in Cartman's head is a major HOWL, and almost always has me ROTFLMAO.

Old Blind Dog

Good for you that you can laugh at something so completely outlandish. I've got multiple friends that are oriented to the left / progressive side of the house and they get enraged every time Team America is mentioned.

My favorite scene involving Kim Jong Il and Hans Blix, the UN's WMD investigator:

Kim Jong Il: Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!

Hans Blix: Mr. Il, I was supposed to be allowed to inspect your palace today, but your guards won't let me enter certain areas.

Kim Jong Il: Hans, Hans, Hans! We've been frew this a dozen times. I don't have any weapons of mass destwuction, OK Hans?

Hans Blix: Then let me look around, so I can ease the UN's collective mind. I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.

Kim Jong Il: Or else what?

Hans Blix: Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.

Kim Jong Il: OK, Hans. I'll show you. Stand to your reft.

Hans Blix: [Moves to the left]

Kim Jong Il: A rittle more.

Hans Blix: [Moves to the left again]

Kim Jong Il: Good.

[Opens up trap, Hans falls into tank full of sharks]

You have to love a movie with sophisticated humor like that :thumbsup:

I love and adore most of those already mentioned.... But there are 2 very good RECENT additions to the list.

First, one that needs little introduction: Shawn of the Dead. Brilliantly funny!

"Oy, you got red on you."

And overall it's just a funny movie. Many good scenes with jokes, visual gags, good comedic timing, etc.

Second, the same 2 guys but in a different movie, Hot Fuzz.

When I went to the movies to see this with my family, I was laughing SO HARD my actual face (not my jaw, MY FACE) was sore and hurt while walking out of a movie. I have never laughed so much in a movie theater before. And I wasn't alone! The entire theater was laughing too, so I fit in!!

Replete with visual gags (including a slow-motion fight in a miniature village, like Godzilla) to constant pop culture movie references, to silly police partners, to just wacky and zany action.

If you have loved the Fletches, the Airplanes, the Caddyshacks of the movie world, you will like (dare I say "love"?) these two movies as much as I do!

P.S. Spies Like Us! LOL! A classic favorite!

"Doctors.... *yeesh* I hope I don't get sick!" - Bob Hope

Edited by Mark M.
well i'll add one, kinda surprised its not up already.

caddyshack

"Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity. "

Hear, hear!

con't:

"You're a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way? "

Must nominate M*A*S*H

"Now, fair's fair Henry. If I nail Hotlips and hit Hawkeye can I go home too?

I love and adore most of those already mentioned.... But there are 2 very good RECENT additions to the list.

First, one that needs little introduction: Shawn of the Dead. Brilliantly funny!

And overall it's just a funny movie. Many good scenes with jokes, visual gags, good comedic timing, etc.

When I went to the movies to see this with my family, I was laughing SO HARD my actual face (not my jaw, MY FACE) was sore and hurt while walking out of a movie. I have never laughed so much in a movie theater before. And I wasn't alone! The entire theater was laughing too, so I fit in!!

Replete with visual gags (including a slow-motion fight in a miniature village, like Godzilla) to constant pop culture movie references, to silly police partners, to just wacky and zany action.

How could i forget those two!?!? Great addition, Mark!

For me, Monty Python movies top the list, but I've only never seen any of them in a theatre. The funniest movie that I've seen in a theatre is, hands down, Team America. My head hurt for hours, my sides hurt until the next day. I never thought I'd laugh at a vomiting sequence, but yet, I did. One weird moment was after the Panama canal was destroyed and the bodies were floating in the water, I totally broke up laughing at the plastic chickens floating on their sides...nobody else found the scene funny...wow, did I get a lot of dirty looks! The next funniest theatre moment for me was "A Fish Called Wanda"...don't call me stupid! It's K-k-k-k-ken! Etc etc...

Alvis 3.1

Most of the ones already mentioned and add "Down Periscope"

"Lt, your almost out of uniform"

"What do you think of our boat?" . . . . . "I feel like I need a Tetnis shot just from looking at her, the only thing holding her together are the bird droppings Sir."

:thumbsup:

Itch

If you have loved the Fletches, the Airplanes, the Caddyshacks of the movie world, you will like (dare I say "love"?) these two movies as much as I do!

P.S. Spies Like Us! LOL! A classic favorite!

"Doctors.... *yeesh* I hope I don't get sick!" - Bob Hope

What's a dickfer? peeing. one of the best lines in that movie

A Christmas Story.

"In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that as far as we know, is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan"

"Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word "

Has to be "Life of Brian", I laugh everytime I watch it.

"'E's NOT your messiah, 'e's a very naughty boy and 'e's not coming out! Now **** OFF!"

"Are you the Peoples' Front of Judeah?" "Peoples' Front of Judea? **** off. We're the Judean Peoples' Front!"

"What did he say?" "I think he said 'Blessed are the cheese makers." "Oh, iddn' that nice!"

"Why do you.. titter so when I say 'Bigguth Dickuth'?

Agree, that one might top Young Frankenstein in my book as well, now that I think about it.

And then there's The Holy Grail, but don't get me started on that (bloody 'ell, I wasn't expecting a kind of Spanish Inquisition)

<_<

J