Funniest movie Ever?

Ya know, a coworker had been telling me how hilarious Cheech & Chong movies movies were, so I watched one..and didn't find it even remotely funny. Just boring and stupid. When I told my coworker my impressions, he asked "well, were you 16 and stoned when you watched it?" I replied "uh, no..I was in my late 30s and completely sober." He said "well, there's your problem!"

SN

For those who didn't get the joke in Young Frankenstein, Blucher in German is glue.

Sorry, but that's not true, it's a popular myth. Blucher doesn't sound like any German word for glue. It's a German surname, as well as a Hipper class cruiser sunk during the invasion of Norway in WWII (and a few other ships as well).

See here:

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/blucher.asp

For a military western........HAWMPS?.

The story of the Army's attempt to introduce camels into the western areas. It has one of the best last lines that I've seen.

also: Clue

Operation Dumbo Drop

Harvey

The Ghost and MR. Chicken

Abbot and Costello: The Time of Their Lives and Hold That Ghost

Edited by ikar
For me, Monty Python movies top the list, but I've only never seen any of them in a theatre. The funniest movie that I've seen in a theatre is, hands down, Team America. My head hurt for hours, my sides hurt until the next day. I never thought I'd laugh at a vomiting sequence, but yet, I did. One weird moment was after the Panama canal was destroyed and the bodies were floating in the water, I totally broke up laughing at the plastic chickens floating on their sides...nobody else found the scene funny...wow, did I get a lot of dirty looks! The next funniest theatre moment for me was "A Fish Called Wanda"...don't call me stupid! It's K-k-k-k-ken! Etc etc...

Alvis 3.1

That movie made me laugh more than any movie I have seen in a theater. At the "love scene" I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe I had to tell myself to "calm down for a second"

A few weeks later one of my friends graduated from boot camp after 6 months of trying to become a Marine. He hadn't even seen a preview of Team America so my girlfriend and I took him to see it, with him having no idea what it was.

"are those puppets? why are there puppets?" :angry: He laughed from the first minute to the end.

I still find myself thinking there are "three kinds of people, chuck..." when I try to understand the world LOL

Here are my fave comedy movies in no particular order.

The Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers.

A Shot In the Dark, with Peter Sellers

Caddyshack

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Ladykillers, the 1957 version with Alec Guinnes, Peter Sellers and Herbert Lom. Herbert Lom played inspector Dreyfuss in the Pink Panther movies.

Airplane

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

His Girl Friday, with Cary Grant

Monty Phython's Holy Grail, of course

A Fish Called Wanda

And that's just from the top of my head right now I'm sure I could think of others.

Oh here's another. Most of you probably have never seen this movie..

The Party, with Peter Sellers.

Cheers :woot.gif:

Andy G

In no particular order, and no doubt with major omissions:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail ("Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.")

Fish Called Wanda ("I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future. "

The Gods Must Be Crazy

A Shot In the Dark ("...a rit of fealous jage!")

Anchorman ("I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch.")

The 40 Year old Virgin (Chest waxing scene. 'Nuf said.)

The Spy Who Shagged Me ("Nice to mole you. MEET you! Nice to meet your mole. Don't say mole...")

Whoa! How could I have forgotten Kevin Smith??

"Dogma" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" (plus "Clerks," "Clerks II," "Malrats" and parts of "Chasing Amy")

Thinking man's scatalogical humor! Sort of like if Plato, Aristotle and Socrates were sitting around a bar telling jokes about flatulance! :lol:

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Has STRIPES been mentioned ?

Gregg

I love the "bull" session where they're all getting to know each other, and "Cruiser" has his say, then mentions about joining the army before he would get drafted.

(Snickers from the fellahs.)

Sgt. Hulka: "Son, there ain't no draft no more."

Cruiser (quizzically): "There WAS one?"

That makes NO sense, he's asking if there was one? Huh?

Or "Psycho"...."Anyone call me Francis....and I'll kill-ya."

How could I forget "Clerks"?

"You think that's bad, check this out. You can practically see her kidneys."

The whole "thirty six" scene....Randal replies, "In a row?"

Every time I rent that movie, I watch it two nights in a row - there's SO much dialogue.

How could I forget "Clerks"?

"You think that's bad, check this out. You can practically see her kidneys."

The whole "thirty six" scene....Randal replies, "In a row?"

Every time I rent that movie, I watch it two nights in a row - there's SO much dialogue.

And my favorite line, where Randal says "This job would be ****in' great if it weren't for all the ****in' customers!"

A true indie classic! I'll have to pull out the DVD and watch it again (maybe twice!). I have ALL of Kevin Smith's films, and, as of today, the entire Mel Brooks film canon as well.

cheers

Old Blind Dog

<_< Such an awesome thread I didn't have the pleasure of stumblin' upon yet...!!!

There are six films that I consider to be the most hilarious I've ever seen, but which I'm afraid I like more because I truly identify with some of the characters on the films; here:

BestFilmsEver.jpg

It was surprising that five of these films I still haven't seen anyone post their titles on here, but perhaps ya'd heard 'bout them. Speak about weirdness; I've got something from each one of the characters on those six films, which is possibly why I like 'em so much! :lol:

I'm just as reclusive as Rubin Farr in Rubin & Ed

An inveterate loner just like Roger Crumpkin in Mr Accident

As insane and a thoughtless looney as Dignan in Bottle Rocket

A total pain in the arse like Chip Douglas in The Cable Guy :banana:

A short-fused psycho like Barry Egan in Punch Drunk Love

Manager: "Sir, the bathroom was just torn apart."

Barry Egan: "Yeah."

Manager: "Did you do it?"

Barry Egan: "No"

Manager: "You didn't just smash up the bathroom?"

Barry Egan: "No"

Manager: "Well, who did?"

Barry Egan: "I don't know"

Manager: "Sir, your hand is bleeding..."

Barry Egan: "I cut myself; on my knife..."

Barry Egan: "Whut...?"

Manager: "Sir, your hand is bleeding..."

Barry Egan: "I know"

Manager: "I'm gonna have to ask you to leave"

Barry Egan: "Yeah, but I didn't do anything"

Manager: "Sir, I've got no way to prove that you smashed up the bathroom"

Barry Egan: "I didn't do that. I didn't"

Manager: "Ok"

Barry Egan: "I didn't do that"

Manager: "I'm gonna have to ask you to leave"

Barry Egan: "Please don't do this to me!"

Manager: "Sir, I'm gonna call the police!"

Barry Egan: "All right. Can I just...?"

Manager: "Sir, I'm gonna crack your Call Me Mr Trashmouth' head open! Get out of here!"

Barry Egan: "We should go right now"

Manager: "Ok"

I'll stop what I'm doing to watch any of these:

Napolean Dynamite

:woo: - h00...!!! We can be mates, ya 'n' I! First time I saw this film I thought Jared Hess had based on me for the character of Uncle Rico :huh: I'm just like that!

Be that as it may, I strongly recommend watchin' any of those filmsCheers,

Unc²

Ya know, a coworker had been telling me how hilarious Cheech & Chong movies movies were, so I watched one..and didn't find it even remotely funny. Just boring and stupid. When I told my coworker my impressions, he asked "well, were you 16 and stoned when you watched it?" I replied "uh, no..I was in my late 30s and completely sober." He said "well, there's your problem!"

SN

Same thing with Pineapple Express. One of the kids that work for me told me it was THE funniest movie ever made. I checked it out and would give it a 3 out 10 on the laugh-meter. The person that recommended it was somewhat of a stoner, I should have probably guessed what I was in for.

All-time favourites:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Young Frankenstein

But I'm a real sucker for a good comedy, so it's really hard to choose favourites! Just reading the names of other movies in this thread gives me the urge to go out and rent many of them...

ALF

Here are my fave comedy movies in no particular order.

The Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers.

A Shot In the Dark, with Peter Sellers

Caddyshack

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Ladykillers, the 1957 version with Alec Guinnes, Peter Sellers and Herbert Lom. Herbert Lom played inspector Dreyfuss in the Pink Panther movies.

Airplane

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

His Girl Friday, with Cary Grant

Monty Phython's Holy Grail, of course

A Fish Called Wanda

And that's just from the top of my head right now I'm sure I could think of others.

Oh here's another. Most of you probably have never seen this movie..

The Party, with Peter Sellers.

Cheers ;)

Thought of some more.

Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.

Young Frankenstein

Naked Gun

Waynes World

Austin Powers

Andy G

Most of my favourites have been mentioned,

The Life of Brian, A Fish Called Wanda, Animal House, The Blues Brothers, Kellies Heros. The Gods Must Be Crazy

plus others. I've also got a list of must see movies to track down. I watched one on the telly the other night with my older kids, they were a bit worried at their Dads sense of humour. :o It was "The Animal" with Rob Schneider. I haven't laughed so much for ages, maybe they've good reason to be worried, maybe I've just got over my cringe factor. :yahoo:

Steve.