IRIAF F-4E Phantom II

There! The Persian spook is done...and yes I know it has for some time now, but I couldn´t set up the photo shoot until today.

I got enormous support during this build and I have to than everybody who contributed in getting this kit somewhat decent and across the finishing line :)

And the information I got from Diego was invaluable, thanx dude!

It didn´t reciev any awards att the modelshow it competed in but I´m still very happy with the build, it turned out just about the way I wanted, sure there are plces to improve...then again is there any model that couldn´t be improved?

Models are like art, they are never finished only abandoned!

Anyhew... suppose you want to see some pics of the thing :D

Well here they are and lots of them....gonna be a 4 parter I´m afraid.

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

More to come in part 2

Part 4

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

There it is! Over and done with :)

On to new projects or more like back to an old project that got halted because of the Phantom...my F-105F :D

(And there might be even more Persian stuff in the future...)

Cheers and thanx for looking!

Excellent build :) the camo scheme and weathering are spot on. shame about the silvering on the walkways but with so much carrier film to lose it's hit or miss. Have you tired pricking the film with a sharp needle and applying Micro Sol to seep under the surface, not sure if it will work with the falt coat having being applied.

Never the less fantastic stuff and an excellent WIP which I've enjoyed following. Looking forward to you future builds

Excellent build :thumbsup: the camo scheme and weathering are spot on. shame about the silvering on the walkways but with so much carrier film to lose it's hit or miss. Have you tired pricking the film with a sharp needle and applying Micro Sol to seep under the surface, not sure if it will work with the falt coat having being applied.

Never the less fantastic stuff and an excellent WIP which I've enjoyed following. Looking forward to you future builds

Thanx :D

LOL actually there isn´t any silvering on the walkways....almost no carrier film, I simply drybrushed to make the walkway to look dirty :D

Check out the walkways on this bird and you´ll see why I did what I did.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iran---Air/...33930cc4c6eb945

edit/ spelling :P

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore
Thanx :D

LOL actually there isn´t any silvering on the walkways....almost no carrier film, I simply drybrushed to make the walkway to look dirty :D

Check out the walkways on this bird and you´ll see why I did what I did.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iran---Air/...33930cc4c6eb945

edit/ spelling :P

Cheers!

:thumbsup: Sorry, from the photos it looked they silvered, but now that you've explained it it looks spot on with the dirty effect from all the boots that climed over it.

Janne,

Your Phantom looks simply awesome...as already said, just like the real thing! :wub: :thumbsup:

It was a real pleasure to assist you a little bit during this great project! :yahoo:

Hope to repeat this very soon B)

Greetings

Diego

Your model is fantastic!

Thanx!

:P Sorry, from the photos it looked they silvered, but now that you've explained it it looks spot on with the dirty effect from all the boots that climed over it.

Well my first thought when I saw the pic was: - hey ,that looks like silvered decals! :P

Your Phantom looks terrific, Janne!

Great details, great finish, great camo, great decaling! The only thing wrong is the scale.

LOL Thanx janman.... my brain might have imploded if I tried putting those stencils in1/72n scale!

Janne,

Your Phantom looks simply awesome...as already said, just like the real thing!

It was a real pleasure to assist you a little bit during this great project!

Hope to repeat this very soon

Greetings

Diego

All my pleasuere, Diego! Thanx for all!

Janne, you didn't get the awards at the show, but for sure you have a beer on me, when I come visit Sweden or if you travel around my parts of Europe! Excellent model!

Now that sounds great , seb! Hope you find your way up here some day.

Very nice build!

Cheers

Panos

Thanx!

;)

give the man a towel! :P

Janne, your Phantoms Looks Awesome!!! Congratulations.

I see your model and I can not wait to work on my Kurnass

Cheers

FEDE

Thanx Fede! I´m eagerly awaiting pics of it!

to everything Janman said!

Thanx Moritz!

Now that sounds great , seb! Hope you find your way up here some day.

Well I've been to 9 In Flames concerts and I sweared to myself that for my tenth IF concert, I'll go to their hometown Göteborg. And since I love Scandinavia, it'čč be sooner than latter

Well I've been to 9 In Flames concerts and I sweared to myself that for my tenth IF concert, I'll go to their hometown Göteborg. And since I love Scandinavia, it'čč be sooner than latter

It´s a deal..give me a holler when in town! :cheers:

Awesome Build, Janne ...

I love the weathering and the loadout ... :)

Just Brilliant ... :cheers:

Gregg

Thanx Gregg :D