B-52G in 1/72nd scale

Help!!

I have just picked up an AMT boxing of this BUFF and very pleased I am too. Only snag is that I fancy finishing it in the markings of 58-0239 'Loring Moose Gooser' 69th Bomb Squadron, 42nd Bomb Wing, 1974 'Giant Voice'.

It would be great if there was a decal sheet including that option, but I don't think there is! I have very poor illustration on the back of the 'In Action' book and a better photo in the Modern Combat Aircraft book but not good enough to have a chance of producing my own artwork on some carrier film. Can anyone help?

All answers very much appreciated,

Cheers

Simon

Only 42 BW sheet I recall is by Almark, it's for the lo-vis 1980s "Strategic" scheme.

Best thing I can suggest is the old Microscale 72-152, it has the large winged 2 AF emblem for the tail.

I see both of those sheets on eBay from time to time...

HTH

Jonah

Only 42 BW sheet I recall is by Almark, it's for the lo-vis 1980s "Strategic" scheme.

Best thing I can suggest is the old Microscale 72-152, it has the large winged 2 AF emblem for the tail.

I see both of those sheets on eBay from time to time...

HTH

Jonah

Thanks Jonah

I have the Microscale sheet you mention - my first after market decal sheet, bought in about 1977 and used to finish my Monogram BUFF as the 'Lilac Panther'!! I still have the rest of the sheet and I think that the winged 2 AF emblem may be too big for the 'G'?

I can still get the Almark sheet and there's nothing on there that suits! I know cutting Edge did at least 5 BUFF sheets so I'll try to have a look at those to see if one set of markings at least ticks the boxes!!

I'm amazed that someone hasn't done a decal set featuring just BUFF nose art? Very much Microscale's territory!

Cheers

Simon

The Cutting Edge sheets are getting more & more rare, and the few I've seen online recently have ranged into the ridiculous for price. I'll go through some of my references and see if I can dig up some nose art pics for you.