F-16C, Hasegawa or Italeri?

F-16C means nothing.

There are too many variants: block 25, 30, 40, 42, 50, 52 are all "C".

For some Blocks the best kit is the new Academy.

Then Hasegawa one.

Italeri is among the poorest offering.

To my knowwledge Revell only made A/B and MLU varinats and these are the most accurate Vipers in 72 scale.

I would think Revell 1:72 F-16C is the best

That's the general consensus. :salute: The only bigger boo-boo they made is that they forgot to provide bulged MLG doors (can be helped with some styrene and putty). The biggest problem, however, is that it's increasingly rare to find now.

<...> For some Blocks the best kit is the new Academy. <...>

I'm not too sure about that. :woot.gif: As far as I know, Academy's 1/72 Vipers suffer from the same shape issues their larger 1/32 sister suffers from. Which is why many still put the relatively old but good Hasegawa kit ahead of the Academy offering.

As others said - Hasegawa all the way if you'd have to choose between the Hase and Italeri kits, with RoG as the allover winner in gentlemen's scale.

Should you go the Italeri route, there is one snare to look out for with that kit - as molded the tabs on the horizontal tails would have you mount them too much forward, with the trailing edges of the MSIP Block 15-and-beyond sized enlarged tails aligning with the rear edge of the airbrakes while on the real thing they extend beyond the airbrakes.

This is easily fixed, luckily - just remove a bit of the back end of the mounting tab, so that you can mount them further back, so the end of the airbrakes lines up with the aft 'corner' of the vertical tail where the extra area was added and that extra area protruding from the aft end of the airbrake.

HTH,

Andre

I'm not too sure about that. :lol: As far as I know, Academy's 1/72 Vipers suffer from the same shape issues their larger 1/32 sister suffers from. Which is why many still put the relatively old but good Hasegawa kit ahead of the Academy offering.

I wonder if the upcoming CMK resin pieces for the Academy kit will correct any of the inaccuracies (well, besides the nose as they're not releasing a new nose).

If memory serves, the biggest problems were the nose and the intake, correct?

Italeri's boxing is that wretched old Testors kit from way back (or maybe Testors reboxed Italeri's work?). it's one step shy of atrocious, in detail, fit, and overall quality.

Hasegawa's kit isn't so great either. It's okay, but it's a far cry short of the quality and options/variants found in the fairly cheap Revell of Germany F-16 line. Get RoG if you can!

barring that, Hase will do in a pinch. Avoid Testors, avoid Italeri (I've built 2 of that boxing, that's enough to last me). Academy is new, but has shape issues. Suggest you look into it if you find it cheap and if you're not a stickler for the shape of the nose and canopy.