Hi it's kia here is the undercarrige front wheel door different on the YF 16 prototypes as on all other F 16's, it looks like there are two doors, one either side of the nose wheel bay. and where are the lading/taxi lights located. and wich have canards.

Hi it's kia here is the undercarrige front wheel door different on the YF 16 prototypes as on all other F 16's, it looks like there are two doors, one either side of the nose wheel bay. and where are the lading/taxi lights located. and wich have canards.

Hi ...

Yes, on the YF-16, the nose wheel door(s) would split to each side and one forward and one aft ...

I'm not sure about the landing lights but I think they were on the main gear ...

And it was the CCV F-16 that had the canards ...

Others who know more will probably respond too ...

Gregg

:yahoo: HI thanks for all your advice, i've just seen a picture of the YF 16 and the landing lights weren't on the main gear legs like on the F 16 A/B's and the early C/D variants, but it had two round landing/taxi lights, one on each of the main gear door not on the legs themselves. Do you think this might of been an exception or the normal, i can't seem to find any good pic of the YF undercarrige.

You realize it wasn't just the nose of the YF that was slimmer than the A, right? The entire airframe of the YF was about 10% smaller than the F-16A, including the canopy, wings, etc. It was a completely different airplane.

J

You realize it wasn't just the nose of the YF that was slimmer than the A, right? The entire airframe of the YF was about 10% smaller than the F-16A, including the canopy, wings, etc. It was a completely different airplane.

J

Hi thanks for that i didn't know the difference was not just the nose, i don't think it would really be possibe to fix all that on a model, i'm going to get the hasgawa Yf 16 ccv, one and just do the lights and easy mods i think.

From http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article25.html

The production F-16A differed from the YF-16 in having a fuselage stretch of 26 inches, 10 inches in the center fuselage (permitting a higher fuel load) and 16 inches in the nose to accommodate the Westinghouse APG-66 radar. The wing area was increased by 20 square feet and an additional underwing hardpoint was fitted. A total of nine external points were now available (3 under each wing, one at each wingtip, and one on the fuselage centerline) for up to 10,000 pounds of fuel or weapons. The horizontal tailplane was increased in size, and a jet starter was added to the F100 turbofan.