put a face to a name

Here's mine......I'm sitting on part of a coastal battery from WW2....the big naval guns were removed long ago.....it's now a federal historical park and each Sept I spend a day with friends at an English Car show. The car show is in the background and I am wearing my Triumph GT6 shirt and hat.

Steve.jpg

Andy,

There's something I've been meaning to ask you for like 2 years now.

Watch this video......

And then tell me whether that's either you......or some long lost twin in the scene that starts at 1:06. lol

Tilt

This is me not much change, as you can see...The Hornet was finished some time back, The Eagle is in the finishing stages.....I just don't have a fancy new fangled digital pitchur taking machine.

IMG_20100916_144807.jpg

Thank you for your support

This is me not much change, as you can see...The Hornet was finished some time back, The Eagle is in the finishing stages.....I just don't have a fancy new fangled digital pitchur taking machine.

Thank you for your support

I look forward to seeing photos of the Eagle when it is done Clif. :jaw-dropping:

ARCatHeritagecon2009.jpg

Older photo. The hair is shorter and the waistline a bit smaller. I'm on the far left with the jeans and the blue shirt. This was taken at Heritagecon III. I'll let the other mugs identify themselves as they see fit.

I'm just another boring, puffy and aging white guy these days. Who wants to see a photo of that? Instead, here's a photo of when I was irresponsible, indestructible and in-flight. -Peace y'all

SPA1975.jpg

Looking at this photo today, I can see one of my capewells is too far up on my left shoulder. It should be lower and aligned with the right one. If I'd had to cut away my main I would have wasted time searching for and operating that quick release. The white dot in bottom of photo between the runway and taxiway is the landing target. Jumping the old round canopies and weighing only 140 lbs., meant I had my share of off-field landings in trees, back yards and parking lots, but I was never injured.

The highlight of my jumping days was the day I jumped with Lew Sanborn – A name few outside of the sport will recognize, but he is a legend among skydivers. Lew is the first person to hold a parachuting license (D-1), a world champion record holder, inventor of many things related to the sport and an even an Academy Award nominee for an early skydiving film. I was in Deland Florida and we were jumping out of a DC-3 at 11,000 feet. I was a fairly new jumper, had never done any airborne hook-ups (relative work) and thus couldn’t participate in the planned 12 person star due to the dangers and necessary skill level involved. Lew must have noticed my disappointment and said he would hook up with me one-on-one if I wanted to try it. All went well and afterwords on the ground I happily handed him my logbook to sign signifying my achievement. Only after I looked at his signature and license number did I realize that I made my first hook-up with one of the most famous men in skydiving. I will never forget his act of kindness towards me.

Andy,

There's something I've been meaning to ask you for like 2 years now.

Watch this video......

And then tell me whether that's either you......or some long lost twin in the scene that starts at 1:06. lol

Tilt

:lol: No that is not me Tilt. Looks like me though, damn. Love that song though. Isn't that Ronnie Corbett the English comedian in that video? As in the Two Corbetts.

Cheers :woot.gif:

Andy G

:lol: No that is not me Tilt. Looks like me though, damn. Love that song though. Isn't that Ronnie Corbett the English comedian in that video? As in the Two Corbetts.

Cheers :woot.gif:

Andy G

Okay....mystery solved.

Jimmy Savile is his name. In the video he sure looks a lot like you. Too funny. And yes that's Ronnie Corbett. I really love that song too.