Fujimi 1/72 F-35B Lightning II

Wow,

Notwithstanding the fact that this aircraft has not reached production phase yet, if this kit is in the same league as their F-22 I will no doubt add this to my stash.

Uhmm : didn't I understand both the F-22 and F-35 also are on the Dragon new releases list?

Cheers

Eric B.

The prototype F-35s are externally complete. The first F-35, AA-1, the airframe that was 5000lb over weight, has already been retired. The rest are pre-production standards, and the first production standard F-35s have or are starting to roll off the line.

It would have made sense to wait until the production aircraft get to the squadrons - there are bound to be some changes from the prototypes.

No actually, aside from the chin housing and the pitot tube on the nose, the test aircraft are LRIP which means they are essentially production aircraft. Some of them are missing different systems and what not but from the modelling perspective, the airframes will be the same.

The prototype F-35s are externally complete. The first F-35, AA-1, the airframe that was 5000lb over weight, has already been retired. The rest are pre-production standards, and the first production standard F-35s have or are starting to roll off the line.

Show me an aircraft that hasn't changed after it went into service ...

Gregg

Show me an aircraft that hasn't changed after it went into service ...

Gregg

True, but when the F-35 actually enters service, this is what it will look like. For what they do to it in 5-10-20 years, you have to visit the ESP forum of ARC.

I'll get excited about this once I see what kind of markings are applied in the fleet. Certain squadron markings will obviously stand out nicer than others...

Think the markings will go the route of the F-22. Countershaded and minimal. What's going to be interesting is to see what type of markings go on the 33rd WG aircraft. There's going to be three variants flying for 3 services at Eglin. Will they all use the EG tail code or will the Navy use the AD code? What about the Marines?

Mark

True, but when the F-35 actually enters service, this is what it will look like. For what they do to it in 5-10-20 years, you have to visit the ESP forum of ARC.

Yeah but I have a feeling the one that will change the most out of the box will be the F-35B, the model they are tooling first ...

Gregg