f-104a Tenn air guard 1/72 italeri

Hello

I would like to join GB with this model:

Italeri 1/72 f-104a

italeri1234.jpg

Few questions before I start because I don't know much about f-104 :

-Wing color on upper side was white and below was ADC grey FS 16473?

-Radome color was white or some "dirty" white color?

-Horizontal tall tail was natural metal on both side?

-Wheel bay and gear legs were alluminium?

-Ejection seat c-2 or downward kind?

-Could you, please, post some photo of this particular aircraft (from boxart).

I have some photos of Tenn air guard f-104a but on them planes have different emblems on tail (not black-white cat)

or they don't have emblems at all.

-Are there any panels on aircraft that are painted in grey?

Thank you

Edited by potez XXV
Hello

I would like to join GB with this model:

Italeri 1/72 f-104a

Few questions before I start because I don't know much about f-104 :

Thank you

Welcome to the Group Build!

I am not an expert on this particular F-104A, but I have responded to your questions as best I can:

-Wing color on upper side was white and below was ADC grey FS 16473? YES

-Radome color was white or some "dirty" white color? Radome is actually a light grey; I use the same as wing bottom colour

-Horizontal tall tail was natural metal on both side? Don't know for this one.

-Wheel bay and gear legs were alluminium? Probably

-Ejection seat c-2 or downward kind? Should be C2. As far as I know the downward one was only on some prototypes, not on in-service aircraft.

-Could you, please, post some photo of this particular aircraft (from boxart).

I have some photos of Tenn air guard f-104a but on them planes have different emblems on tail (not black-white cat)

or they don't have emblems at all.

-Are there any panels on aircraft that are painted in grey? There is a panel on the vertical tail (lower front area) on each side that is grey, very close to the same colour as the wing underside and radome. Also, just behind the cockpit on the spine is a fibreglass panel that starts light beige/grey and discolours to almost a yellow beige as it ages. Another fibreglass panel on the rear of the underside (small fin near the arrestor hook)

Hopefully that helps.

ALF

Hi there,

I just finished building the Italeri kit for this group build recently.

For my project, the upper wing was painted white with a Tamiya spraycan (AS-20 Insignia white, I think), using the same colour for the radome. I painted the lower wings Tamiya X-11 silver like the rest of the model, based on how I interpreted the black and white photographs of PAF F-104 (I may be wrong, it could be light grey as it seems to be on USAF aircraft. I think the horizontal stabilizer is natural metal on both sides, this is what I painted on my model.

Since I built the Pakistan AF version, which may have a slightly different paint scheme to the Tenn ANG version you want to build, so I could possibly be wrong about a few details.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how it turns out, I'm sure you will enjoy building the kit as much as I did building mine.