Bronco M-1114 Humvee Incoming

• 2 weeks later...
COOL!! :whistle:

I wnder if Flying Fortress has seen this..he will be drooling over this... :thumbsup:

Been waiting for this for ages. Right now, the only alternative would be to buy the old Tamiya kit and sink another $90 for a resin upgrade. Still hoping that someone will put out a cheaper upgrade set to bring the Bronco -1114 up to a current standard M1151 with the Frag 6 armor kit. They have added so much gear to a HUMVEE that I am surprised that those things can even get out of the motor pool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks pretty accurate to me. The seats look funny, though. My 1114 in Afghanistan just had the standard Humvee seat. I don't remember highback seats like that.

It has the Blue Force Tracker and Plugger

It has the spare tire rack on the back. We got those about 2 1/2 months before rotating back to the States.

It looks like this would be accurate out of the box circa 2006.

We never carried Jerry cans in our trunks though.

We had racks on the backs that would fit up to 6 or 7 cans. We thought it was too risky to have fuel in our trunks out on patrol.

rearwithfuelcans.jpg

rearshotwithwinch.jpg

The racks are homemade.

When I was running the Warlock, I had a can tied up next to spare tire, just in case. We all carried tow straps as well..

warlockleftrear.jpg

We got the new bumpers about the same time we got the spare tire racks

Frontpushbumper.jpg

You can have a field day with this model as far as detailing goes. They were different everywhere you went.

Cheers, Ian

Edited by imatt88
  • 2 months later...

Bronco has just announced the FRAG 5 version, which has the up-armored gunners' station, heavy bumper and a bunch of other changes. Kit also includes some of the anti-IED devices typically seen on these trucks. Full poster of the new kit is here:

http://www.bronco-model.com/en/haibao2.asp...7-133633%29.jpg

To make things even more interesting, Academy just announced that they are releasing the M-1151 version.

http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?o...9559&page=1

Feast or famine when it comes to modern day armor. To be honest, I have no idea what the difference is between the latest version that Bronco is releasing and the Academy -1151. They seem to look identical.

Regards,

John