Full depth intakes for 1/48 EA-6B kits

New release from DMold laboratory:

Profiled intakes for 1/48 Kinetic EA-6B kit

EA-6B_intakes1.jpg

EA-6B_intakes2.jpg

A preliminary picture of another project coming soon, - start of the work on 1/48 HobbyBoss F-111 intake sets:

F-111_intakes.jpg

Both, Triple Plow I and TP II intake sets will be realesed later in this fall.

And there's one of pictures of my favorite project, - correction sets for Heller 1/72 L-1049 Constellation kits.

L-1049_nose.jpg

This project is also getting good progress and more info on this one will be published soon.

Regards,

Dmitri

DMITRI!! MY NEW BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD!!!

Constellation corrections!?!?!?!? Can it be true!?!?!?!?!

Dmitri - please drop me an email (jrh -a- pemtel.net). I can probably give you a LOT of assistance on the Constellation!

J :huh: :worship:

That's great news about the F-111 intakes. But will you also be doing a correct landing gear bay that has the correct shape that fits the intakes? We all know how wrong the kit is in this area.

Can't wait to see more.

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Well, friends, to answer questions one to another.

f12aaa, I can't comment compatibility this set with any of products from another aftermarket producers, but the kit cockpit tub fits without any problems along with these intakes, - the gap between the parts is pretty large. So, probably the Aires cockpit has to fit without especial problems as well.

Jennings, I'm glad you are happy to hear about forthcoming Connie correction sets. It's true, and this is really my favorite project as well. The progress on this one is much greater in actuality and these parts (as well as new radome parts) are very close to a regular casting process at the present time.

As for F-111 intake set, - yes, the main wheel well must be slighlt modified as well (new side walls will be included in the set).

And concerning Rafale intake set, - this set is in the work on now as well (all ARE very hard and complex works, indeed!) and sheduled for release in the fall, along with another sets in line.

scotthldr, Scott, PM inside.

Regards,

Dmitri

Dmitri -

What have you done for the Connie?

At a bare minimum it needs a new nose section, new radomes, new tip tanks (there are a couple of variations), new engine nacelles, new spinners & props, NEW WHEELS (all the Heller wheels are about 20% too small), and a bunch of detail parts. This is a subject near and dear to my heart, and I have access to a LOT of tech manual stuff on the C-121 and EC-121. Anything you need, I can probably get it for you.

J

Great looking intakes for the Kinetic Prowler. What would be really great is if I could actually find a place to BUY them from! The only place I can find that claims to carry DMold products is Victory Models and they are out of stock on more items than they show in-stock. Not to mention that they don't even list the EA-6B intakes but since these are new products I can understand that.

So, please, would someone tell me the best way to purchase DMold products?

Thanks,

Eric

Dmitri -

What have you done for the Connie?

At a bare minimum it needs a new nose section, new radomes, new tip tanks (there are a couple of variations), new engine nacelles, new spinners & props, NEW WHEELS (all the Heller wheels are about 20% too small), and a bunch of detail parts. This is a subject near and dear to my heart, and I have access to a LOT of tech manual stuff on the C-121 and EC-121. Anything you need, I can probably get it for you.

J

Yes, Jennings, there is a lot of areas to be improved or corrected in the kit, indeed.

As for the sets from me, - basically, I try to introduce into my assortment only those items which are really hard to make for most of modelers but which are really needed in order to vastly improve exterior of any of models.

That's why I have never been a "superdetailer" and it's unlikely you will ever see cockpits or any another superdetailed sets under a label of DMold.

My major specialization was always large airframe parts or full kits.

This line of Connie correction sets isn't exception. Three general sets will be released on this one: accurate forward fuselage

(three separate sets: long, short-nosed civilian versions and a military variant (version without a cargo door). Then it will be

a set of accurate EC-121 radomes, and finally a set of engine nacelles (maybe completed with accurate spinner∝).

But stop..it seems I have combined a bit too much descriptions of new releases inside this particular Prowler intakes thread. Probably there's a point to open a new thread to be dedicated specially to this Connie project in the 'props' section of the forum.

DM

Great looking intakes for the Kinetic Prowler. What would be really great is if I could actually find a place to BUY them from! The only place I can find that claims to carry DMold products is Victory Models and they are out of stock on more items than they show in-stock. Not to mention that they don't even list the EA-6B intakes but since these are new products I can understand that.

So, please, would someone tell me the best way to purchase DMold products?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric, Victory Models remains to be a major retailer of these sets and we try to restock any of products as fast as we can. But don't forget, please, that DMold is a small, cottage industry company and our abilities to produce a large number of sets are limited.

You may also want to purchase some sets you need from Scott Anderson (scotthldr) if these particular sets are unavailable from Victory Models. Scott is also a legal supplier of these products and makes a good job to assist us in the sales.

On this new EA-6B intake set, - there's a test shot on the pictures and this set has to be introduced into a regular production line yet. Thus, these sets will be actually available from the dealer in about 1.5 months (they are included into a nearest shipment to Victory Models now).

Edited by Dimitri
Hi Eric, Victory Models remains to be a major retailer of these sets and we try to restock any of products as fast as we can. But don't forget, please, that DMold is a small, cottage industry company and our abilities to produce a large number of sets are limited.

You may also want to purchase some sets you need from Scott Anderson (scotthldr) if these particular sets are unavailable from Victory Models. Scott is also a legal supplier of these products and makes a good job to assist us in the sales.

On this new EA-6B intake set, - there's a test shot on the pictures and this set has to be introduced into a regular production line yet. Thus, these sets will be actually available from the dealer in about 1.5 months (they are included into a nearest shipment to Victory Models now).

Hi Dimitri,

Thank you for your prompt reply! I'll keep an eye on the Victory site and try to get a set when they become available. Scott contact me too and let me know he could order them. So, it looks like I have a couple of options! :)

Thanks again,

Eric

Hi Dimitri,

Not trying to change the subject, but..........

What has happened to your corrected nose for the Airfix Nimrod?

Thanks for your inquiry and patience!

This Nimrod project is a subject of love for me as well. But this set should be completed with a bit special (and hard to produce) part, and for business reasons this project was postponed untill the same part is completed for the similar Connie project. I mean cockpit glazing parts to be casted of clear resin.

Thus, both these projects will be introduced into production line at the same time now, during about two weeks.

Keep your eye on updates at my website.

Regards,

Dmitri