Boneyard Shots

• 2 weeks later...
The former korean T-38s are being taken out of AMARC

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123237604

Some of the ground crew for the Guppy told me last Tuesday that they had another mission coming up this month, I believe on the 20th, when they will haul two more T-38s to Holloman.

Edited by jinxx1
Taken September, 2008 at a base in the desert. It's a zoom from a bad point-and-shoot camera shot I took while taxiing.

Mark

Mark,

You need to step out of the aircraft once in a while and take some closeups! :whistle: Looks like an interesting place to do some perusing (assuming you didn't run a chance of ending up in a bad guy snuff-video by wandering off).

Edited by 11bee
Mark,

You need to step out of the aircraft once in a while and take some closeups! :) Looks like an interesting place to do some perusing (assuming you didn't run a chance of ending up in an a bad guy snuff-video by wandering off).

HA!! Yea, I sure wish I could have! Seriously, I do!!

Most of the stops we do over there are EROs (Engine Running Offload/Onload) so I'm lucky to get what I do get! That, and the fact that as we're taxiing, as the flight engineer; I'm configuring the engines, the APU, and the electrics to run in an engine downspeed condition, running the after landing/ERO checklist, trying to help keep my head on a swivel in congested parking ramps looking for other traffic, backing up the pilots listening to ground for our parking instructions, or getting our clearance info to leave, hoping I might sneak out the back ramp for a quick cigarette if the forkift/pax are running slow (and having to convince the co-pilot to watch the engines for me when I do that), getting the cargo info from the loadmaster so I can run new TOLD (Take Off and Landing Data - all by hand using charts - no computer), and oh yea, taking as many photos I can of cool stuff to post here!

Pretty simple! I'll get right on that! :D (Actually, since I'm retiring soon I've made my last trip to sandland! :unsure: )

Mark

Edited by F106A

Just gonna chip in a couple I took in the China Aviation Museum in Beijing. (its my JP)

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=...385&nseq=41

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=...514&nseq=48

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=...929&nseq=16

Also there are a couple of Il-2s and more chinese trainers, sitting out their last days in a "boneyard" section of the museum!

Near as I can tell, yes. I have no idea what is with the tail on the one in the background. Something folded up under it? No idea...

Mark

It looks to me like it's just the last section of fuselage hanging from it's bottom attachment point and leaving the tailpipe exposed.

HA!! Yea, I sure wish I could have! Seriously, I do!!

Most of the stops we do over there are EROs (Engine Running Offload/Onload) so I'm lucky to get what I do get! That, and the fact that as we're taxiing, as the flight engineer; I'm configuring the engines, the APU, and the electrics to run in an engine downspeed condition, running the after landing/ERO checklist, trying to help keep my head on a swivel in congested parking ramps looking for other traffic, backing up the pilots listening to ground for our parking instructions, or getting our clearance info to leave, hoping I might sneak out the back ramp for a quick cigarette if the forkift/pax are running slow (and having to convince the co-pilot to watch the engines for me when I do that), getting the cargo info from the loadmaster so I can run new TOLD (Take Off and Landing Data - all by hand using charts - no computer), and oh yea, taking as many photos I can of cool stuff to post here!

Pretty simple! I'll get right on that! :jaw-dropping: (Actually, since I'm retiring soon I've made my last trip to sandland! :jaw-dropping: )

Mark

Sounds like you are a pretty busy guy during your stops over there! Congrats on the upcoming retirement and thanks for posting those unique pictures.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ARCers,

I was digging around on a flash drive looking for some missing homework assignment when I ran across from old pix I took at Chino’s Planes of Fame.

I’ve found a way to marry my two hobbies; here are some practice shots. My wife and I really enjoy photography as a hobby we can do together, and I’m trying to improve on my composition and technique.

DSC06986-1.jpg

DSC06985-1.jpg

DSC06981-1.jpg

DSC06978-1.jpg

DSC06976-1.jpg

DSC06972-1.jpg

DSC06971-1.jpg

cont...

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if this topic will be of interest but I took these shots at Bangor (ME) International Airport. At a remote side of the airport, they are scrapping a bunch of commuter aircraft. Sorry for the crappy pictures, it was a pretty gloomy day, which kind of suites the scene of all these aircraft waiting patiently to be broken up.

ATR-42, no idea what airline

IMG_2599.jpgRegards,

John

That is not an ATR42 it is a Dehav Dash 8..