Boneyard Shots

At least a dozen Tucson tails in that shot alone. :P Prolly most of their old A/B's and some Block 25's?

Maybe a few A/Bs, but mostly their Block 25s. Most of the Vipers in that photo are Block 25 and Block 30. Sad times.....

• 2 weeks later...

As I have been enjoying these boneyard shots, I thought I would add a few of my own. These photos were taken in the back lot of the Naval Air Museum in September, 2010. Enjoy!

Mike

NavalMuseumSkyhawk19909232010MJIsmall.jpg

NavalMuseumSkyhawk20109232010MJIsmall.jpg

NavalMuseumSkyhawk19309232010MJIsmall.jpg

While not quite a classic boneyard photo, here's what many of us hope that the ones sitting out on back lots will end up as. Kinda reminds me of a stringer of fish after a successful fishing trip!

NavalMuseum29609232010MJIsmall.jpg

F-100s in Djibouti - French?

These photos are very sad... I can't put my finger on it, but something strikes me as wrong about them, too, in the same way that hunting and leaving the animal there strikes me as wrong...

I wonder how a Tornado ended up at AMARC?

I know there were 2 Tornadoes in AMARC in '99, they belonged to the Luftwaffe training unit based in the States. I have photos somewhere, but digging them out may not be easy.

Edited by Rhino53
I wonder how a Tornado ended up at AMARC?

The Germans toyed with the idea of storing Tornados at AMARG to support the fleet at Holloman. One of the Marine (German Navy) Tornados wound up on display at Pima. Here is how it looked while still in storage.

Tornado4374PimaApr081.jpg

Some B747s in storage at Roswell, NM. Former Walker AFB.

B747RoswellJul101.jpg

B747sRoswellJul101.jpg

A CV-990 that is now probably a Budweiser can.

CV990-30A-5N8357CELP2004.jpg

Mini-boneyard in Amman, Jordan. Anyone care to take a guess at the types you can see in the second photo? Sure is an interesting assortment! I'm not sure, but it might be a museum collection. They look to be in good shape.

Mark

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515-1.jpg

Mini-boneyard in Amman, Jordan. Anyone care to take a guess at the types you can see in the second photo? Sure is an interesting assortment! I'm not sure, but it might be a museum collection. They look to be in good shape.

Mark

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515-1.jpg

Looks like three Hunters - two singles and a dual, a F-104 and a couple of vampires or venoms.

How did I do??

Tricose