Embraer E190 'KLM cityhopper'

Hey!

I'm currently working on an E190 made by Kurt of Authentic Airliners. I'm using Draw Decals to make a KLM cityhopper aircraft.

I bought this kit 1,5 years ago, when the price was about 70 euros and the kit still featured a transparent nose section. Since a few months the kits are produced in Hungary and are a lot cheaper! (but the transparent nose isn't included anymore)

Contents:

1901.jpg

Draw Decals:

1902.jpg

My kit includes pre-cut self adhesive masking tape for the cockpit windows

1903.jpg

And my work so far:

1904.jpg

1905.jpg

1906.jpg

greets,

Jelle :whistle:

That is a nice model!!!

I bought the Welsh kit only because of the price difference at the time. I think Kurt mentioned he might do an EMB-120. I'll definitely be picking one up if he does.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown
the build looks great i never realised that drawdecals did the E - 190 decals

They were never mentioned on their website, but I once read on a Dutch modeling forum they were working on this sheet in cooperation with the Dutch SIG Airliners. When I saw it in stock last december at the Aviation Megastore I immediately took the bus to get the last one. They aren't restocked since then so I guess I'm quite lucky :rolleyes:

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

A step further!

I already removed some paint on the roof, to make sure the antennae will be attached to the bare resin and not to the paint.

I also added the PE windscreen wipers. They may look a bit large but they are quite notable on the real aircraft too.

1907.jpg

1908.jpg

1909.jpg

The figures are of the same scale (1:144, Preiser) and give an idea of the scale of the real aircraft. Even though this is a relatively small airliner, it's still huge!

greets,

Jelle

the model looks very good finished , looks like Greg at drawdecals has put the decal back on his new site now i may have to buy it and have a go at doing one of these models

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

The model is not finished yet, I added a lot of small details (pitot tubes, antennae, decals etc.) but I hope I can finish it within two weeks (busy at school).

The figures are done by Preiser and I bought it at a stand on the RNLAF Open Days last summer. You can order them at Preiser's website www.preiser-figuren.de .

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi There

Excellent job! Do you know if this kit will be available through Hannants or Russell Brown in PHX?

Re the KLM Blue what should I be using? The old light blue or new darker version.

I have not built KLM new livery yet, have the Xtra color KLM grey. All my KLM a/c are blue cheatline (Revell 763 and 738 and the Avigraphics 737s)

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd

Hello Lloyd,

I think this kit is only available directly via Kurt at authentic-airliners.de. I have not seen them in an online store anywhere yet.

The old KLM scheme had Xtra Color KLM Light Blue X302 on the top and some grey on the belly and engines. The new colour scheme has a thinner cheat line and Xtra Color KLM New Bright Blue X312 on top with KLM 2004 Pale Grey X371 on the belly and engines which is a very light, almost white grey.

On my model I used KLM Light Blue instead of New Bright Blue but personally I do not see the difference. Also I painted the engines white by mistake while they should be light grey as the belly but no one ever noted that so far :D

The contact address can be found on their website www.authentic-airliners.de! They are very reliable but it takes some time before you get your kit as it takes a lot of time to manufacture them.

I never went to a modeling meeting abroad, but I'd like to go to Telfort in the future. But not this year.