AMS Resin 1/32 T-33 Cockpit 32051

Hi All,

Hopefully Harold can shed some light on a possible problem after I received his great full cockpit set for the 1/32 Czech Models T-33.

First thing I noticed when opening the box from MidTenn Hobbies was that the zip bag that the parts were in had a torn bottom and that some of the resin parts were out of the bag. It's entirely possible it happened at MidTenn Hobbies but I have no idea as to a parts count as there were no instructions included in the kit. I think that they may all be there but I have no way of knowing for sure without a parts listing or instruction sheet.

Can anyone confirm that Harold's full T-33 cockpit comes with instructions or a parts list?

Cheers,

John

Hi All,

Hopefully Harold can shed some light on a possible problem after I received his great full cockpit set for the 1/32 Czech Models T-33.

First thing I noticed when opening the box from MidTenn Hobbies was that the zip bag that the parts were in had a torn bottom and that some of the resin parts were out of the bag. It's entirely possible it happened at MidTenn Hobbies but I have no idea as to a parts count as there were no instructions included in the kit. I think that they may all be there but I have no way of knowing for sure without a parts listing or instruction sheet.

Can anyone confirm that Harold's full T-33 cockpit comes with instructions or a parts list?

Cheers,

John

I can ABSOLUTELY shed some light on the possible problem. The bags are somewhat fragile when packed with parts like the T-33 full cockpit set. Harold NEVER sends a bag that's torn or split, BUT sometimes it happens in transit. That's why I keep boxes of those bags on hand so that if the bag gives way IN TRANSIT, I can replace the bag before I send it. We inspect every bag before we ship for that very reason. It would be very poor customer service to send a split bag full of parts so that they would be lose in the box, and possibly even get lost!!! Never has happened. Never will happen. But again, the bag has some pressure from the contents, and some of the parts have corners, etc that can find a defect in the bag if there is one. So, yes, it could have happened in transit. Or with handling in Customs.

AMS items don't usually come with a parts list. But, if you're uncertain that you have everything included in the set, you can easily compare what you have with the picture on the website. What you see there should match what you received. If you don't have enough parts, or if you have any other concerns about anything that ships to you from MidTenn, you might try sending us an email.

Jack

MidTenn

Edited by jmathews

The tub itself is very heavy. Shipping can get rough. So it is a possibility that it punched through. I ship the stock to Jack as careful as I can, and I KNOW Jack inspects everything and packs extremely well. I only have a "helpful hints" for the T-33 set. It might help a bit.

This is what you should find in your set:

pitset.jpg

Helpful hints on your T-33 cockpit

The rear sides of the resin tub will interfere with the intakes (just like the kit tub does) and look out for the wheel wells under the tub. Tight fit there too. Cut out the rounded rear decking of the kit in front of the canopy hinge. The squared off section should fit up into that area, making it flat. If all is correctly fit, the windscreen de-fogger should sit up in the kit cut out without doing much fitting. (sand off the kits 'pit tub side locaters) The middle bulkhead/IP/canopy raising mechanism should sit on top of the small bulkhead in the middle of the tub. Make sure it is flush (use a sanding stick to make sure the casting block is completely gone and it is flat). The seat rail sit right up against it, hiding the pouring block. The center bulkhead is wider to force the middle of the sills out to the proper shape and to match the canopy rails. It might be a bit tricky getting both ends of the fuselage to stay in place while gluing. Use the kit resin parts: R-12, R-11, R-10 and R-1. You can use one of the kit's oxy regulators (R-2) and one that I added to make the front a bit different than the rear. The small rectangular thingy is part of the canopy raising mechanism. The raising rod will sit right on top of it. You will have to adjust the rods length as well. The lead wire is for any of the cabling on the seat and the canopy railing. I decided I didn't want to add it to the resin. It would just look odd. Take a look at reference photos and you will see the canopy rails have lighting and control cables running down both sides. The seat has several cables too. I figured that anyone that is going to tackle this kit and all the resin, they would be wanting to make it look a bit more realistic.

The two small rear facing vents (shaped like scoops) are for the T-33A-15 ADC upgraded dash 5s. (I believe...any more info would be nice)

CAREFULLY remove all the casting membranes from the seat and rails.

You'll also have to do the usual juggling of the rails, seats and the rest of the small parts to make sure they all will fit properly.

Test fit everything before gluing. Use cyano type adhesives. I would soak the resin parts in warm soapy water or in a dilution with something like 409. Rinse well and let dry before painting and gluing.

Use the kit PE parts as a painting guide along with the kit instructions.

Thanks for using my T-33...it was a satisfying challenge.

Harold

Edited by Harold

Hi Harold,

Thanks for the reply. Your picture confirms that all of the parts are present.

As far as no instruction sheet I feel that this is the only shortcoming and as your tips suggest it may be of use to modelers.

Cheers,

John

Just an FWIW comment: Seems to me the best starting point would be to contact the seller before resorting to a forum. I recently had an issue with a new and obviously unopened kit from a major mfr that was absent the decals. I contacted the (online) hobby shop and they took care of getting the decals from the mfr for me. On the other hand, hopefully the responses to this matter confirm their integrity for others who may have questions.