WingnutWings new releases for 2010....

Hi everyone!!!

Anyone knows what happening with the releases of WnW???

At Aeroscale (post of 18/12/2009) for 2010, we should have special editions of the models already released and severeal new models....

-32005 1/32 Gotha G.IV

- 32006 1/32 Pfalz D.IIIa

- 32007 1/32 DH.9a

...- 32010 1/32 Hansa Brandenburg W.29

- 32011 1/32 Fokker D.VII

- 32012 1/32 RE.8

- 32014 1/32 FE.2b

- 32022 1/32 Roland D.VIa

- 32028 1/32 DH.2

So if anyone knows anything about these releases (If they are release in 2010 and if so when), say something!!!

I`m waiting for a special edition of the SE.5 with McCudden or Mannock decals (I hope) and for the Gotha...Re.8, Feb2b... DH2... well... all of them :coolio::D:D.

Cheers

Francisco

Edited by Pardelhas
  • 3 weeks later...

That Roland is starting to grow on me. Have to admit I'm not that well versed on WW1 aircraft and I had never heard of this plane before. Any info on if it was produced in numbers and/or was it a successful design?

John

Overall there were around 350 Roland D.VI's built (150 D.VIa and 200 D.VIb). The distinctive shape and structure of the fuselage was caused by Roland moving away from the plywood monocoque structure (as used in the Albatros fighters) and fabric over tubular metal (as per the Fokker D.VII). It was built by a process called 'Klinkerrumpf' (or clinker-built) construction, where overlapping strips of spruce were placed over a light wooden framework. Whilst offering good visibility and above average manouverability, the Roland D.VI wasn't as good as the Pfalz D.XII and Fokker D.VII, hence the low production numbers. In fact, it wasn't considered to be that much of an improvement over the Albatros D.Va and Pfalz D.IIIa it was intended to replace, and was considered obsolescent quite early on. Of the 350 built most were assigned to reserve squadrons, with only 80 of the type being recorded at the front on 31/08/1918.

This close up of a painting by Ivan Berryman shows some details of the fuselage construction.

Vince

Edited by vince14
  • 1 month later...
Wow.... when everyone thought it'd be the Pfalz and Roland, they unleash the D.H. 9 and Hansa-Brandenburg W.29!

USMC marking option on the DeHavilland is interesting and I definitely want the W.29!

Niiiiice! I really like the W.29, best of all, it has minimal rigging.

John

Seems they are doing pretty well to me. They released 5 kits in less than a week and sold out of the initial pre-Christmas allocation of two of them in a couple of days, plus their next kit is a giant 1/32 bomber. Not sure why the D.VII is lagging, but I have no doubt it's coming.

Edited by Dave Williams