Best Sufa kit 1/72

I haven't seen the 1/72 kits, but if they reflect the quality of the 1/48 versions I'd have to go with the Hasegawa kit.

I did look at the French web link and the Kinetic kits moldings are not on par with the Hasegawa 1/72 kits which I do have (C's &D's) .

But specific to the Sufa EW suit, in 1/48 the Hasegawa parts are a far better represetaion of the actual antennas, Kinetic looks like they got their referance from a far off grainy photograph, they do not capture an accurate shape of these Sufa additions, so I wouldn't think there would be a large jump in acccuracy from Kinetics 1/48 rendition down to their 1/72nd kits.

Curt

I haven't seen the 1/72 kits, but if they reflect the quality of the 1/48 versions I'd have to go with the Hasegawa kit.

I did look at the French web link and the Kinetic kits moldings are not on par with the Hasegawa 1/72 kits which I do have (C's &D's) .

But specific to the Sufa EW suit, in 1/48 the Hasegawa parts are a far better represetaion of the actual antennas, Kinetic looks like they got their referance from a far off grainy photograph, they do not capture an accurate shape of these Sufa additions, so I wouldn't think there would be a large jump in acccuracy from Kinetics 1/48 rendition down to their 1/72nd kits.

Curt

Hello Curt

Thanks a lot for your comments I think I ll get the Hasegwa ...

Patrice

This topic is a few days old, but after reading this and other discussions on the subject, I, personally, am still torn as to which kit would be the better fit. I have the Revell F-16B with the Isracast conversion, but I'm unimpressed with the quality of the resin parts.

I see advantages with Hasegawa's, namely the better surface detail, but Kinetic does not seem that bad in comparison. Kinetic's offering, in addition, is cheaper, and seems a far better value in that it includes weapons relevant to the F-16I. The nose comparison photo link Laurent provided is a bit fuzzy, but I can see some difference in the noses. Is Kinetic's really that bad, though?

For that matter, since I have the Revell F-16B, would it be possible to use the Kinetic add-ons with the Revell kit?

Edited by MiG31

So, I'm currently building both kits and what I can say is that hasegawa has nicer surface detail, fit is good on both.There are some diferences in the spine radomes and antennas, the blister in the nose and the antennas in the intakes.I'll try to take some pictures later to show them.

For that matter, since I have the Revell F-16B, would it be possible to use the Kinetic add-ons with the Revell kit?

I haven't tested the fit of the kinetic pieces on the revell F-16, but you'll need to add the RWR(?) on the leading edges of the wing, those are molded in the kinetic kit's wing.

BTW, first post here on ARC. :blink:

Cheers.

Be honest KINETIC !!!

I have all three major models : Hasegawa, Revell, Kinetic - Kinetic try to improves as much as they can in 1:72 scale replica, is not the best model in the world but if you look that way : how many scratch methods I should used to make an accurate F-16 I , Kinetic Wins

Good morning

Gee I'd like to build my kit this way ....

:jaw-dropping:

patrice

Good morning

I have received the Hasegawa model and it is a very nice :yahoo::beer4: but I think they could have provided at least the Lantirn pod :crying2: ...

I 'll have to check in my stock if I can find one ...

Patrice

but I think they could have provided at least the Lantirn pod :D ...

Well you knew what to expect didn't you ? "No ordnance, 'need' for detailing sets but good shapes" vs "everything in the box but some shape issues".

Well you knew what to expect didn't you ? "No ordnance, 'need' for detailing sets but good shapes" vs "everything in the box but some shape issues".

Yes but I must have missed that comment :D never mind I am quite busy with some props models Spit , Mustang and that sort of Thinks ...

Patrice

Personally, I'd take option #1 every time...

Cheers,

Andre

So, as promised here are some píctures, not the best though because they were taken with my phone camera, but they serve to give a general view of things.

IMG_0197.jpg

Both noses, Kinetic on the left, hasegawa on the right.Note that the blister by the radome look different.

Now, the spines radomes, first kinetic:

IMG_0199.jpg

and hasegawa

IMG_0203.jpg

And a full view of both, first kinetic

IMG_0200.jpg

and hasegawa

IMG_0204.jpg

And a photo of the hasegawa intake with all Sufa bits

IMG_0202.jpg

That's it so far, I'll post more pictures on the In Progress forum when I make some progress.

Cheers.