F-15A 73-100

I'm considering building this F-15A:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-phot...4/0/1366042.jpg

I like the Sabre bands better than the candy stripes on this bird so my question is: are the yellow bands on the wings the same width as the candy stripes? If not, how wide are they? It's difficult to tell in this pic because of the perspective. This much published photo seems to be the only one out there.

Thanks!

Chuck

Found this other pic in the Aerofax book. Sorry about the crappy reproduction but Photobucket seems to be playing color games at the time!

F-15-Midland-Aerofax-McDonnellDouglasF-15Eagle-SupremeHeavy-WeightFighter0542.jpg

HTH,

Jorge.

EDIT: Hi Jennings! Noticed your post after I posted this one. Those grey edges are not to be taken lightly if considering building this bird, uh?

Edited by f4h1phantom

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the info. I was thinking the same thing about the gray outlines while tying to convince myself that they were an optical illusion :whistle: Still, it shouldn't be that hard (I hope!). Was that decal sheet ever done in 1/48? If not, I'm sure it will be once I get the yellow bands painted on my model!

Chuck

Chuck,

I checked but couldn't find it in 1/48. You definitely need to finish this so the 1/48 community will get one of those sheets!

Good luck with the grey edges and please post a pic of your model when finished.

All the best,

Jorge.