I have just updated our website www.aim72.co.uk

Changes are:

The reissue of the Bensen autogyro with decals for an X-25 plus a civil B-8M

'General Lee'

Two new versions of the DC-10-30 with decals for SAS and UTA respectively.

I am currently reviewing the early Rug Rats with a view to reissues.

The next batch of 747-100 kits will have decals for the first BOAC jumbo.

The next batch of 747-100 kits will have decals for the first BOAC jumbo.

My first 747 ride was aboard G-AWNK "Sir William Shakespeare" from DTW to LHR. She still had her BOAC stripe, albeit with a BA tail and titles.

:D

J

My first 747 ride was Lufthansa in 70 from Munich to Cologne, just for the ride - in the days before air stairs the aircraft steps went up a long way! After that there was SAA many times, BA, and others long forgotten.

I want to do a SAA decal set in due course for our 747. The UTA decals for our DC-10 are because we flew on honeymoon out of Jo'berg on this machine.

Edited by tnuag

Might as well:

My first 747 ride was in 1995, NW red/gray -200. N611US, the first -200 built. N611US is one of several -200's built with a 3-window upper deck, then retrofitted with more. NW redid their -100's as well, so they all matched.

TWA did the opposite--they plugged the windows on their later ones, so that they all had 3-window decks. (later, they stopped caring so much and their second-hand acquisitions had whatever the previous owner left it as)

Edited by David Hingtgen

I suppose one of my highlights was in the cockpit of a 747-400 from Sao Paulo to Amsterdam (one of the forgotten ones in my previous post!).

Neil

Edited by tnuag

I came *this* close to getting to sit up front on an ANA 747-200 going into HKG. The FO was all for it, but the captain had reservations. From a passenger perspective, I've never seen the equal of a transpacific segment from LAX to NRT on an ANA 747-400 - in business class. There were like 20 seats in the entire upper deck, and we had about four or five FA's all to ourselves. It was ICHI BAN! :)

J