Your Product gets Int'l Attention (Wrong Kind)

Your company furnishes the Ryder Cup golf team with rain gear for the expected weather in Wales, UK, but instead of the golf matches being the headliners from this event it's your product or rather its failure to do what you said it would do. What kind of spin would you put on this disaster to do and manage damage control.

1. Blame the material supplier (They cut costs and sent a cheaper fabric, and you didn't test it!!!)

2. Blame the shipper for unknown chemical damage ( They spilled a chemical on it and didn't tell ya)

3. Say it wasn't your gear someone switched theirs for yours knowing it was faulty, and put your tags on it (Industrial Espionage <_< )

4. Say the UK team switched the gear, with identical items (those sneaky Europeans)

5. Blame the weather!!!, say it cranked up the severity far past what the gear was supposed to withstand..... :) :lol: or.........

or...just say you wanted to help the Welsh economy more and purchase some of their stuff :whistle:

Edited by Angels49

Id say our products, while good, need to be made better. For all our rigorous testing, it seems there is some place in the world we missed.

The modifications we've identified are the following - - - - - and we will institute them immediately.

For the first 1000 purchasers to order the newly improved products we will offer 15% off and a free sleeve of golfballs.

Something like that.

" Well what can I say...er..mm..I can say that it was a case of ..errr..industrial espionage .WE did our best to try and keep the err...erm...product a secret but it seems that

our e-mails were hacked. ...Er...ermm... MY E-mails..{ :stupid: } Err..this is REAL problem for us.The Kids have been spoken to and the wife has been told that SHE must not

talk about the weather at her coffee mornings as this may be how the SECRETS were obtained..Personally I have blocked all MY e-mails and suggest that you ALL DO THE

same..at this time I have nothing more to say except the I have MY family under surveillance....err...where is MY I am a spammer....please report this post.? need to order a Pizza !!" "{fumbling for it!}....

:boohoo::coolio:

Edited by HOLMES

I live in England not far from the Welsh border, and I can vouch for the fact that the rain was heavy!!! The West of the UK tends to be somewhat wetter than the East, as the weather systems move NE from the Atlantic, pick up all that Atlantic mositure, then deposit it on the land ...

Incidentally, and only a little bit OT, there was a lovely line on the TV News last night about the Ryder Cup: "Great weather for ducks, but not for birdies." :boohoo:

Hire a PR firm to handle the damage control and deflection. Call in the legal team and notify them they may have to intercept inbound suits. Then, issue an IPO or, if already public, sell more stock just for a public display of confidence, and genuine need for more capital to pay for product improvement or the above measures.

Good answer from fishwelding.

Combine his and mine:

Id say our products, while good, need to be made better. For all our rigorous testing, it seems there is some place in the world we missed.

The modifications we've identified are the following - - - - - and we will institute them immediately.

For the first 1000 purchasers to order the newly improved products we will offer 15% off and a free sleeve of golfballs.

Hire a PR firm to handle the damage control and deflection. Call in the legal team and notify them they may have to intercept inbound suits. Then, issue an IPO or, if already public, sell more stock just for a public display of confidence, and genuine need for more capital to pay for product improvement or the above measures.

And do NOT blame anybody. Nothing is worse than when something goes south, someone starts wheedling and wheezing about someone else.

Edited by dahut
Good answer from fishwelding.

Combine his and mine:

And do NOT blame anybody. Nothing is worse than when something goes south, someone starts wheedling and wheezing about someone else.

Well...to be honest, my answer was mostly facetious, and correspondingly I was implying that I'd let the PR firm and the lawyers do whatever it takes, including blaming anybody but us! They're the experts in getting my (theoretical) business out of trouble, after all. :lol: The market has mechanisms to encourage accountability, but businessmen have historically found all sorts of ways to circumvent these, at least for short-term gain or deflection of losses.

Well...to be honest, my answer was mostly facetious, and correspondingly I was implying that I'd let the PR firm and the lawyers do whatever it takes, including blaming anybody but us! They're the experts in getting my (theoretical) business out of trouble, after all. :lol: The market has mechanisms to encourage accountability, but businessmen have historically found all sorts of ways to circumvent these, at least for short-term gain or deflection of losses.

For a brief moment I thought I was listening to MR HAYWARD ! :lol:

I live in England not far from the Welsh border, and I can vouch for the fact that the rain was heavy!!! The West of the UK tends to be somewhat wetter than the East, as the weather systems move NE from the Atlantic, pick up all that Atlantic mositure, then deposit it on the land ...

Incidentally, and only a little bit OT, there was a lovely line on the TV News last night about the Ryder Cup: "Great weather for ducks, but not for birdies." :lol:

I think I would add to my answer "that my company has also decided to move our product testing division to Wales."

In an effort to correct our product quality, I've fired my good for nothing brother in-law. We now have an opening to head up our quality control department.

Sounds like the mon-key's philosophy, except he would fire his stupid cousin Larry. :doh:

to be fair there's no excuse !! wales is presently having better than normal weather !! :doh:

walking home from the cinema one night to my brothers house , the road was like a river

stood there drowned i said " wow that was heavy rain !!"

he said " nah just normal !!"