Hi gents,

I have been taking new pictures of models finished some time ago to post them in my Blog (I´m new in this). Scaleworks

This is an F-18A, former VFA-127 "Desert Bogeys" with Spanish markings. It keeped this camo for over a year until it was painted in OTAN light grey (I mean the real plane, not the model!).

EF-18_01.jpg

EF-18_05.jpg

EF-18_10.jpg

EF-18_16.jpg

EF-18_13.jpg

Love the avionics and engine bays!

Also the paint scheme is very cool - I did not know that after being transferred it kept the desert camo like that; very unique and nice to have a bit of a story to go with it!

Wow. This is incredible. I love the details. May I ask how you did the chipping (and what color you used) on the front landing gear catapult strut? The photography is also top notch.

Hi Janissary,

The chippig was made with a fine brush using acrylic dark grey (Model Air). If you have problems with the paint drying too fast in the brush you can use drawing ink (the used for the rotrings) mixed with a little of acrylic white to get the dark grey. This is much easier to paint.

Other alternative is using fine markers. I have some markers "Gundam" and ".Too" brown, grey and black that I got in Hobby Link, and are really useful. The ".Too" markers are only 0.02 thick and you can imitate really small details (chips, lettering, etc) even in 1/72.

KingTiger132.jpg

Truly amazing! Would you have more pictures of the in-progress work (I mean, other than those on your blog)?

Thanks,

Arnaud

Thank you Arnaud, I have almost 150 in-progress pictures so I posted only a few that I consider interesting. If you are interested in something particular please tell me and I will look for it.