Thank you Arnaud, I have almost 150 in-progress pictures so I posted only a few that I consider interesting. If you are interested in something particular please tell me and I will look for it.

If you can post them on a free mass-storage picture website (Flickr or other) that would be fantastic and it should literally take 5 minutes! Thanks a lot, let us know when we can see how you did it :(

hola Diego!

I´m fan of 1/72 and, of course, found your hornet wonderful.

What kind of glue do u use for the scratchbuilt parts?. I usually use liquid cyanocrilate (Super Bonder) but it tends to drain (escurrir, no sé si es la palabra correcta en inglés) and the finish is not always so good.

And...what do u use for the cables?

Saludos y felicitaciones!! una joyita en 1/72

Andrés

Edited by Citrico
hola Diego!

I´m fan of 1/72 and, of course, found your hornet wonderful.

What kind of glue do u use for the scratchbuilt parts?. I usually use liquid cyanocrilate (Super Bonder) but it tends to drain (escurrir, no sé si es la palabra correcta en inglés) and the finish is not always so good.

And...what do u use for the cables?

Saludos y felicitaciones!! una joyita en 1/72

Andrés

Hola Andrés:

Thank you for your words.

To imitate wires, cables an many other cilindrical elements I like to use stretched plastic from the sprue of old kits (plástico estirado de los soportes de las maquetas). Is easy to stretch it in the thickness that you desire if you heat the sprue with a candle´s flame. I use this material so I can glue it using styrene cement (Tamiya thin or Gunze´s Mr. Cement), for these things I prefer Tamiya thin because Mr. Cement evaporates too quickly and is dificult to use (for other things I prefer Mr. Cement).

q_f18_06.jpg

The stretched sprue rods can be bended with a tweezers in angle or curved shape. The problem is if you need to imitate a wire twisted too much because the stretched plastic may broke. Only in these cases I use copper wire glued with ciano, I apply it with the tip of a cutting blade, this way I can apply very small amount of ciano minimizing the risk of leaving excess of ciano around the joint. If the wire needs a better attach than only the ciano, I usualy make a hole with a small drill slightly thicker than the wire to glue the wire´s end inside.

If you need a spanish translation please tell me.

Un abrazo.

Q

don guorri mai frend, i understood! XD

never thought about using poly cement for that. I´ve been using cyanocrilate for years!, someone recomended using cyanocrilate gel (no se esparce tanto) so i´m going to give it a try. And i´ll try to use de poly cement as well!

thanks and congratulations again!

saludos desde Chile

Andrés

• 2 weeks later...

While I agree it looks great with all those details and "goodies" I would have to say what really really sets this apart in my mind is the painting of the details! An avionics bay would look less impressive if it had blobs of paint going from the boxes to the side walls, for example.

This work is very crisp! Makes it look almost real! That is really what impresses me most (the meticulous paint).

• 8 months later...

This is as good as it gets in 1/72. Incredible detailing and amazing painting skills. This is the standard of model building I aspire to (but will probably never reach!). Still, it's all about the journey.

LD.

Because it's in the "Critique Corner", I have one very major critique for you: YOU'RE MAKING THE REST OF US LOOK BAD!!!!!!!!!!! STOP MAKING SUCH A MIND BLOWINGLY GREAT MODEL!!!! :soapbox:

:P

• 3 weeks later...