Hi i'm wanting to use white and black decal strips to make the canopy frame seals on my models, but i can't find anywhere in the uk that sell coloured decal paper. Can i use normal white decal paper, if i just cut it into stips, if so how can i get the black stips. thank you.

Decal stripes:

Fantasy Printshop

Xtradecal

Expert's Choice decal film is probably the best if you want to make your own. Either paint on to clear film or print onto their white ink jet or laser paper if you want to use computer drawing software to do the job. Black printed onto clear film will work OK but other colours need to have the white backing.

I'm a natural born lazy boy and have sheets of the Hannant's stripes.

peebeep

I'm trying to picture exactly what you want to do. Are you saying you want strips that are black on the inside, but white on the outside, or the other way around? In either case..just get some clear decal film, airbrush it one color, then the other, then cut it into strips of the appropriate width. You might want so spray on a sealer of some sort, as the paint might be a bit brittle and want to flake off when you cut it. Be sure to use a brand-new super sharp knife blade to avoid chipping and cracking. You also don't need to cut all the way through the paper..just a light cut through the decal film is all you need, and is less likely to damage it (just cut out a piece of your painted film slightly larger than you need, and cut the strips from that.)

SN

Hi thanks for the advice, i was wanting to reproduce the coloured seals arround canopy's. On a canopy you have the frame colour, then still on the out side of the canopy you have a thin black or white strip between the glazing and the frame. it's this wich i find hard to mask and paint. I think it's some kind of seal, i hope this has cleared it up a bit more. I thought you might of been able to buy sheets of white and black decal wich i could of just cut into thin strips and used as needed. about A4 size.