Spraying Lifecolor Paint

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am by no means a beginner when it comes to spraying aircraft and have had a trusty Badger 200 for many years. I have always used Tamiya paint as I was mainly into armor up until recently when I went back to aircraft after a long break.

I chose to go with Lifecolor for the new venture- big mistake, I just can't spray the stuff!!!

Has anyone got any hints about ratio and thinner?

I spent most of yesterday trying to spray the underside of my 1/48 Grumman Avenger FAA Sky- not what I wanted from a day off from work!!! (I didn't get anywhere near the Slate Grey/ Dark Sea Grey camo!!!)

Thanks for your help

Lee

I just can't spray the stuff!!!

Yes you can. Just use distilled water as a thinner and spray multiple light coats. Use around 4:1 paint to thinner ratio. So far I have had very little problem airbrushing LifeColor through my Iwata Revolution.

I've just posted my positive experience with airbrushing Lifecolor FS36375 and FS36320 (matt/flat)... I used plain tap water to thin at 50:50 ratio (1ml water + 1ml paint, to be exact, pre-mixed in spare paint bottle). Airbrushed it at 10-12 Psi. Laid down very nicely.