Six-Day-War MiG17F

Hello everybody, here I want to show you my MiG-17F of egyption Airforce from the SIX-DAY-WAR. The model is in ´48 scale and from HobbyBoss

A30.jpg

I changed the original cockpit with one from Neomega, ist a really funny work to assemble this from NeomegaResin, becaus fitting is very good!

A14.jpg

A15.jpg

Painting of these Cockpit is done with checking some pictures from older MiG´s in grey. Washing and drybrushing as always. I also used etched parts from Eduard for the MiG-15

A16.jpg

The wheel area is colored and weathered like the cockpit

A12.jpg

The maintenance cover in the vertical fini s done by scratch work. Herefor I used the parts wich are basicly fort he engine parts with some wires and parts from other kits

A3.jpg

A4.jpg

I painted this area by taking pics from MiG21 maintanence areas.

A5.jpg

finished model in the rear area with maintenance area.

A26.jpg

A19.jpg

Cheers

Oliver

Airbrush was made free hand with a 0,15mm needle.

A20.jpg

The colors were take from RLM-, tank- and brown colors.

A24.jpg

A27.jpg

A28.jpg

The basic airbrush is weathered with a very thin mixture of brown oil colors, than I filtered with some brown colors from MiG and polished every thing to get a good base fort he decals. After the Decals I brushed a very thin sand-thinner mixture around the model to get the weathered desert effect and colored up with white some details. Post shading is done like alway with a mixture of black-bron thinned mud colors

A25.jpg

Cheers

Oliver