1/48 F-16C blk25 "Wild Child"

OK... I'm almost done with sanding. This model has the worst fit ever...

Meanwhile I'm working on the weapons. Sidewinders are almost done. Those two are from Revell's Eurofighter kit because the ones from the box looks awful - far too thick.

img1824v.jpg

Those yellow caps are homemade. Just some cooper wire and epoxy putty.

And now - the problem again:

img1830u.jpg

These are Mk84's from Hasegawa wep. set (I have 4 of them and they are still in progress). Problem is - their heads/noses/ are not the same as the ones on the photos that I could find...

080124-F-0782R-021.jpg

Is this some kind of cover? Should I try to make something like that, or can I left it like it is now? What was more usual?

Hi!

The Hasegawa Mk.84's have M904 nose fuses molded into them. They were common for Vietnam era to Desert Storm times, and are still used, I think.

The lower photo is of the, I think, an MXU-735 solid ogive nose plug. They are used when the bomb is tail fused. Usually with a M905 fuse.

Some other fuses used are the FMU-139 & FMU-152 (M904 replacements), FMU-113 air-burst fuse and the DSU-33 proximity fuse.

DSU-33 is the one most folks see nowadays on the JDAM's.

Hope it helps!

Nick

Paintjob is finally over. I've toned base color with 4 different shades, and this is what I have now. Glossy and prepared for decals. After few months of sanding and brushing, I'm pretty statisfied with this surface.

After decals, I'll put some wash and additional weathering with oils... I'll see.

f1620q.jpg

f1621.jpg

f1623.jpg

f1624.jpg

f1622.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That helmet on the side of the cockpit is an awesome touch. Did you just remove the head of a pilot figure or where did you get the helmet?

Yap, that was head of the pilot... Proxxon + knife and a lot of time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...