Muroc Models 48th F-8C Conv.

Hello,

The first batch of Muroc Model’s 1/48th F-8C conversions are ready. The conversion is for Hasegaea’s F-8E,

The full set includes a new nose halves with the smaller radome, corrected gun ports, corrected canopy hinge points, improved interior detail and improvements to the shroud under the windscreen. Here is a list of the parts: 1. Left nose, 2c. Left fuselage panel, 3. Right nose, 4. Intake duct, 5. Wing center, 7. Upper plug, 8. Right vent, 9. Catapult attachment, 10. Aft cockpit, 11. Aft cockpit struts, 12. Hose, 13. Mirrors (3), 14c. Stick, 15c. Main panel, 17. Pitot tube, 18. AOA vanes, 23. Forward cockpit, 24. Canopy frame, 25. Windscreen frame, 26. Vacuformed canopy, 27. Vacuformed windscreen, 29. Nose wheel, 30. Nose tire , 31. Main wheels (2). Some part numbers are used with other versions. The price is $36 plus postage.

IMGP5914b.jpg

A basic set is available for $19 plus postage. It contains: Left nose, Right nose, Wing center, Upper plug, Control Stick, Main panel, Pitot tube, AOA vanes, and Vacuformed windscreen.

A conversion is also available for a 1/48th NASA’s F-8C DFBW (Digital Fly-By-Wire).

If you are interested send me an email (newmanispwest) at yahoo.

Thanks,

David Newman

Muroc Models

IMGP5914b.jpg

The vacformed parts look like they have some air bubbles inside. If so, it's most likely water dissolved in the plastic, that boils and forms bubbles when the plastic is heated. If you dry the plastic beforehand, the problem will go away. Leave it for a while at elevated temperature, or force-dry it in a vacuum chamber under vacuum at room temperature. I tried the later once, and it worked really well.

Rob

I am very, very, very interested in this set (the DFBW F-8 too) but I have never seen Muroc's products and, therefore, have no idea what I am buying in terms of fit or quality. I would really like to see a review or hear from someone who has first hand knowledge. I am just being a prudent, first time buyer and not interested in slagging anyone.

Cheers,

Tom

I am very, very, very interested in this set (the DFBW F-8 too) but I have never seen Muroc's products and, therefore, have no idea what I am buying in terms of fit or quality. I would really like to see a review or hear from someone who has first hand knowledge. I am just being a prudent, first time buyer and not interested in slagging anyone.

Cheers,

Tom

I've been waiting for this set and have heard good things about Muroc. I should be getting my set by Saturday. Hopefully the set is worth waiting for. :)

Here are some shots of the pre-production castings and build up of the 1/48 FBW F-8 pictured above.

Dave's product and quality control is top notch.

Curt

Note: in this photo there are some air pockets,there will be no air pockets in the parts you receive

101_2673.jpg

101_2675.jpg

101_2679.jpg

Note: this is the left fuselage side to the FBW aircraft posted above, it differs from the standard "C" model in having the refueling probe and blister removed, therefore an additional panel is needed for the FBW conversion, and is not included in the F-8C set.

101_2682.jpg

Edited by Netz

Bump! for David and Muroc Models. Got my set in today, I like it. Cast resin is near flawless, though I am disappointed with the vacuum-formed canopy parts which are marred by dust/lint that had fallen onto the masters and got "copied" into the clear plastic. The plastic is also foggy. Hopefully a polishing and dip in Future will clear things up. Other than that, a big thumbs up from me. :rofl:

Here's some new pics :)

Muroc-F-8C_full_conversion.jpg

Muroc-F-8C-2oclock.jpg

Muroc-F-8C-head-on.jpg

Just got my set today and I'm happy with it. Anyone with experience with conversions shouldn't have any difficulty in making a F-8 below the E, or the H and K, with this kit. My clear parts are slightly fogged, I had to hold them up to the light to find it. I believe a dip in future will cure that. I would recommend this conversion without hesitation.

Just got my set today and I'm happy with it. Anyone with experience with conversions shouldn't have any difficulty in making a F-8 below the E, or the H and K, with this kit. My clear parts are slightly fogged, I had to hold them up to the light to find it. I believe a dip in future will cure that. I would recommend this conversion without hesitation.

Good news there. Well, I've gone ahead and ordered the full blown 1/48 F-8C conversion along with the 1/72 DFBW set. The fogged clear parts are a bit of a concern. Seems there is a little bit of a QC problem with that.

Tom

Good news there. Well, I've gone ahead and ordered the full blown 1/48 F-8C conversion along with the 1/72 DFBW set. The fogged clear parts are a bit of a concern. Seems there is a little bit of a QC problem with that.

Tom

Looks like a 1/48 scale Vought early seat would be nice as well.

I have a mock up sitting on the bench....but needs a lot more finishing.

• 3 weeks later...