A new molded Su-33 by Hasegawa?

Quickboost made probably the best K-36 :-) ...another could be Neomega (Su-27 seat, cockpit)...followed by truedetail (seats)...and wolfpack cockpit for Su-33 and folding wings...

Are there any SU-33 aftermarket resin sets or would the Aires 1/72 scale SU-27B cockpit set #7249 and exhaust nozzle #7207 resin set applicable for this use?
Edited by PetrB

Got the regular version today, and some comments:

1. The canopy/windshield is truely a bit too high and pointy, just as shown in the plan above.

But easy to fix with slight sanding/polishing work.

2. AKU/APU-47 and APU-73 pylons are just incredible with the bulged fairing.

3. The Su-33/27SM/35 wheel hubs are different from those on regular Su-27s, and Hasegawa did notice that. :thumbsup:

4. The radome shape is correct but the panel lines between radome and fuselage is incorrect.

You'll have to fill that panel line and rescribe it yourself or the white nose would look quite odd.

5. From the finished sample on the box, the side view shows that the two steps change of IRST is not obvious enought,

and the 2nd step of IRST should be parallel to the front fuselage.

6. Also from the side view, the R-73 missiles should be parallel with the R-27 missiles, so you need to adjust the pylon angels during gluing.

7. It would be difficult for users to apply any resin folded wing sets because there would be huge amount of cutting/fitting work.

And to make the folded wing masters, you need at least two boxes of this kit.

8. The panel lins and rivets are really beautiful, the top level in 1/72 scale! :thumbsup:

Just my rough opinion. :sunrevolves:

BTW: Hasegawa kits are very cheap here in mainland China.

I bought mine for RMB198.-, equivallent to USD30.-.

Cheers,

Yufei

I like that. :D

For the love of god, I just can't understand these things.

Apparently they are popular with girls. There was an article recently about how gundam models are becoming more popular with women, but they enjoy the opportunity to customize them with non-standard colours and schemes.

<br>Apparently they are popular with girls. There was an article recently about how gundam models are becoming more popular with women, but they enjoy the opportunity to customize them with non-standard colours and schemes.

Great for everbody: for Hasegawa (they gain money to finance new tooling development) and for the majority of modelers (males; this way girls get interested in models and we can justify the size of our stash :) ).

Edited by Laurent

We need aftermarket set for J-13 (or J-15). Looks like a really hard conversion.

Well, it's actually not difficult indeed for modelling.

A new HUD, new cockpit, some small avionic antennas(easily could be scratch built) and Chinese missiles/pylons(you can borrow them from the same FC-1 kit or J-10S kit, but no luck with wingtip pylon and that need some scratch work, too.)

:coolio: Yep, it's just a c*py of Su-33, ya guys know that.

Cheers,

Yufei

I wonder what Trumpeter is planing next? A J-20, J-15.... ???

With the Hasegawa Su-33 out in 1/72, my money would be on a Trumpeter 1/72 J-15. diablotin.gifdiablotin.gifdiablotin.gif

I keed, I keed! :lol: ;)

No, really, I do.

First and foremost, they need to release that Su-27 we have been waiting for ages.

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

I was looking at the Wikipedia article on the Su-33 yesterday and it mentioned something about a modernization program for the Sea Flanker that was to start during 2010. There were no details as to what the updates entailed though, and a web search only got me a quick blog blurb about the first modernized airframe having been delivered. Does anyone know anything more about this? (The Russians have waffled quite a bit on the Su-33 over the years - there never were all that many of them, several have been lost, and when the Indian Navy wanted to buy Sea Flankers they were informed they were being retired.)

As is, I'm looking at getting at least two of the kits - one for the real-world colors, and the second for a US Navy scheme, most likely for a squadron like the Tophatters, who transitioned from Tomcats to single-seaters...

Cheers,

SP

Su-33 will still be in service a few years, and will Su soon be replaced by MiG-29K. While it's necessary to maintain these aircraft in operation condition. MiG-29K is new, it's easier and cheaper, more effective, have the best weapons, in addition to air-to-air and several air-ground, air-ship missiles.

Edited by Sergei Galicky, Russia

I was sarcastic, but i guess you got that Yufei. :) Btw, how is the cockpit oob in hasegawa's kit?

I have not opened the plastic bags of my kit yet, but my friend Quan GOO, the boss of Motion Emotion, did archive something there.

It seems the cross section of original Hasegawa kit parts are a bit too bubbled.

53426728201104270010283528559793479_004.jpg

53426728201104270010283528559793479_002.jpg

And this is one vacform canopy he made himself using the AIV plans.

53426728201104270010283528559793479_001.jpg

53426728201104270010283528559793479_000.jpg

53426728201104270010283528559793479_007.jpg

53426728201104270010283528559793479_005.jpg

53426728201104270010283528559793479_006.jpg

Now I need your suggestions:

Is the new canopy looks a little too flat to your eyes? :coolio:

Thanks!

Cheers,

Yufei

I was looking at the Wikipedia article on the Su-33 yesterday and it mentioned something about a modernization program for the Sea Flanker that was to start during 2010.

SP

They have had a modest upgrade - I don't know the details of what has been done, but you can recognise the new ones by the small dimple RWR antenna on the leading edge slats.

Same as on this upgraded Su-27SM.....

day02_028.jpg

I don't think the upgrade applied to the Su-33 is as comprehensive as that done to the Su-27SM though......

The new Hasegawa kit has those RWR aerials BTW...... (so remove them for an earlier version).

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Btw, i have read that there is difference between Su-27 and Su-27K canopy. How much, where, i don't know. And to be honest, the Hasegawa canopy does looks a tiny tiny bit overdone, but it isn't big deal imho.