Their going to ruin Top Gun?

I want a UAV version. Maverick will weigh 300 lbs and Goose will get killed when a vending machine tips over on top of him. Should have gone for the diet Coke.

I feel the need for a reboot!

ha ha ha ha!

I like it, the set would be cheap, they could just set it in a trailer!

verlinden_predator_pit.jpg

Julien

I think they should be KC-135 pilots, then they could call it "Top Boom" or "Top Hose" or "Top Nozzle" or something :)

J

Ever see the SNL hosted by Val Kilmer? Had a skit called "Iceman: The Later Years" with Ice flying commercial airliners. :blink:

Bonus points for Iraq, Afghanistan and any other politics -- Hollywood movies having to do with the military never seem to touch on any of those subjects

For the same reason we shouldn't; it chases away viewers. If you pitch a movie to be controversial, you'll get lots of people, most of whom came with no intention of being taught anything anyway; they either agreed with you when they bought the ticket, or refuse to be persuaded however you present the content, but just wanted to watch it for complaining rights.

Meanwhile, if you pitch a movie to be wall-to-wall, blow-the-doors-off high-G entertainment with little or no regard for accuracy, political, or social relevance, you'll have record box-office sales. And that's what pays investors.

Edited by Fishwelding
As I said over on SSM, Top Gun was not a movie about airplanes, it was a love story. So, the sequel will have Vice Admiral Mitchell reuniting with Senator McGillis at the Pentagon. She'll be grilling him about his funding request for some black project or other.

Then leave him standing cold in the hallway as she heads home to her "longtime partner" Carole (Meg Ryan).

I thought they already did Top Gun II. Except it was in brightly colored race cars and had a much prettier girl (IMHO that is)

"I flew with your old man"

"I raced with your old man"

meeeah...same thing.

Bill

Really? I thought the sequel was the one about bartending and had a much prettier girl ...

For the same reason we shouldn't; it chases away viewers. If you pitch a movie to be controversial, you'll get lots of people, most of whom came with no intention of being taught anything anyway; they either agreed with you when they bought the ticket, or refuse to be persuaded however you present the content, but just wanted to watch it for complaining rights.

Meanwhile, if you pitch a movie to be wall-to-wall, blow-the-doors-off high-G entertainment with little or no regard for accuracy, political, or social relevance, you'll have record box-office sales. And that's what pays investors.

Then you have those that are a little of both...Avator comes to mind.

Anyway, you know what MIGHT make a decent Top Gun movie? A prequel. Put it back to the early days of Top Gun. I don't know if it's accurate but throw a few F-4's in there and BAMMMM I'm sold.

Bill

Yeah, Tom Cruise creeps me out now, with the Scientology stuff and all.

Didnt we have a thread about this a while back? I'm sure I said there should be a war game with the Russians, the US gets its @ss handed to them, and the pilot who gets 'maverick' is a hot Russian chick, and they have to go on some mission to stop some bad guy. Blah blah blah.

Guest Hoban Washburne

Well, since the thread title has already murdered any decency left in the Queen's English, they might as well ruin a second rate, has been love story with homoerotic undertones.

Is their, they're, and there really that difficult to grasp, gents?

Edited by Hoban Washburne
I want a UAV version. Maverick will weigh 300 lbs and Goose will get killed when a vending machine tips over on top of him. Should have gone for the diet Coke.

I feel the need for a reboot!

:rolleyes: Funnneeeeeee! :cop:

I think they should be KC-135 pilots, then they could call it "Top Boom" or "Top Hose" or "Top Nozzle" or something :)

Now that I would go see! "Not Without A Tanker"

If they do release a Top Gun 2, I'm going to go see it at a theater near an Air Force base. When I saw TG1, the theater near Seymour Johnson AFB was full of 4th TFW F-4E pilots. It was like Mystery Science Theater 3000 cranked up to 11! :rofl:

Went to see it with about half the tanker alert force at Grissom AFB - probably not as good as a bunch of F-4 pilots, but close.

ok i have to say something about this. i was about 8 when this movie cam out and i did not really notice the acting or the make out seine. but on that day i became a full fleged tomcat fan. and the idea of a part 2 to this movie i just say :rofl:

ok i have to say something about this. i was about 8 when this movie cam out and i did not really notice the acting or the make out seine. but on that day i became a full fleged tomcat fan. and the idea of a part 2 to this movie i just say :rofl:

I remember watching this thinking it was great, and actually put me on a line for joining the CAF when I was done school. I remember watching it in air cadets and being quizzed about what kind of plane the MiG-28s really were. And singing 'You've lost that loving feeling' at parties.

But then I chickend out going in the air force, and I regret it :)

Is their, they're, and there really that difficult to grasp, gents?

Ah! The joy of grammar! :crying2: Always been a pet hate of mine seeing native English speakers here in Oz who can't tell the difference between these words, no matter if he/she has a PhD in rocket science! You know what's funny? I constantly got requested to review professional-level documents for grammatical errors when English is actually my 2nd language. :salute::taunt:

Sorry for being off topic.... Now... with regards to sequel for Top Gun... well... history suggests that most sequel ends up being POS. The only exceptions that came to mind were the "original" Star Wars trilogy and Lord of The Rings trilogy. Then again, a part of me would love to see that type of movie again for nothing but the joy of seeing modern jet fighters doing mock dogfights! :crying2: