I posted this in the armour and vehicles section previously but wasn't able to get any information. Can anybody identify this aircraft tug? I think it might be a Clarktor of some version or other but I haven't been able to identify it. I would like to add a little detail to this model if I can find photos of the real thing. The model is in 1/72 scale and it is part of an old Revell of Germany F-16 kit from about 1985. It may be that this a composite design of various tractors that Revell came up with and added to the kit.

P1010283.jpg

If no-one can identify this, can they suggest where the fuel-filler cap might usually be located and also where would the exhaust pipe be located? I'd guess the pipe would be under the body near engine section. I'd like to add these two details if I can. Thanks.

LD.

Definitely looks like a Clarktor front end, but the only pictures I can find of ones with a two seat capacity have a bench with no divider. There are a bunch of similar tractors that share the Clark's basic shape, but again they either have benches of two distinct seats.

Edited by thatguy96

Definitely looks like a Clarktor front end, but the only pictures I can find of ones with a two seat capacity have a bench with no divider. There are a bunch of similar tractors that share the Clark's basic shape, but again they either have benches of two distinct seats.

Thanks 96. I will build it up as best as I can and add a little detail based on photos of similar tractors. Thanks.

LD.

Edited by Loach Driver

imho it would seem highly questionable attempt of a tractor like Clark, i look at my collection of vintage photos but don't have found anything that looks like this model, for instance i'm finish this month one of my first models of the next catalog will be released in the first 48 scale and subsequently in 32 scale, just a Clark tractor.....

clarkct4001.jpg

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this thread. All pix from the airshow in Youngtsown, Ohio, May 2014.

An Ohio ANG KC-135 bringing its own tow bar:

IMG_4397_zps69ce6ed8.jpg

A C-5 from the 337th AS bringing it's own trailer. Looks like this thing had been just about everywhere:

IMG_0265_zpsa3c90ef6.jpg

IMG_0266_zps13d64b02.jpg

Here are some snaps of a very nice diorama snaps featuring the f-22 and f-35B that was posted on F-16.net. if they are old news here, my apologies in advance.

I have on order most of the age models depicted, they are Hasegawa, but I have no Idea who makes the tow-bar and the smaller pieces of age, curiously painted in bright orange. would anyone here know?

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24923&p=277178#p277178

• 8 years later...

I know this is a old post. My name is Matt Phillips. I am a Station Manager in St. Louis for the leading AGE/GSE company in the world. Textron GSE. I am retired AGE tech from the Air Force. If there is any one out there that loves turning wrenches and knows their way around AGE/GSE and wants/needs a job. We are hiring in Kansas City and dozens of locations across the country. If any one is interested go to TextronGSE.com or you can contact me at Mphillips01@textron.com. Pay is very good and so is the insurance with 401K. Relocation pay available.