What came in the mail for you today?

Well, it was actually yesterday. The box from Squadron showed up - August sale flyer goodies.

If you've gotten the flyer or downloaded it, they have a great sale going on with the Detail & Scale and Walk Around books. Can't beat $5.99 or $7.99. Loaded up - Wildcat, SR-71, F-117, F-15 - a few others.

Also I've got this thing for experimental planes. They had Mach 2's Ryan X-13 Vertijet with dolly "on sale." Now, "on sale" is relative here (Retail $44.95, sale for $29.99). For some reason that still escapes me, the French make mediocre kits. If you're from France and reading this, I'm truly sorry, but you do. I guess it's okay to say that because although I am American, half of my ancestry is from Angoulême - Poitou-Charentes. I digress...Plus, French kits are overpriced for the quality you get. Of course, you are helping to pay for their socialized health care system, so that makes you feel so much better about your purchase when you buy. On the plus side, folks like Mach 2 and Fonderie Miniature do have kits that no one else makes. So, if you are looking for that oddity and are willing to deal with low quality there are some subjects worth getting - but only on sale

I also bit on something I wouldn't normally buy. I'm not a big armor builder, but I do have a few kits - all 1/35th. However, when I saw the HobbyBoss 1/48th scale armor kits for $9.99, I couldn't resist. I snapped up the T-34/76 and when I opened the box yesterday I was blown away. $9.99 mind you - FULL interior, photo-etch engine grill, link-and-length tracks (top runs even have sag built in!). Quite a bargain for $9.99!

Finally, I grabbed a set of True Details F-4 Phantom bang seats in 1/48th and a set of Eagle Strike 1/24th scale P-51D "Blue Nosed Boys from Bodney" decals (Hase Petie 3rd and Cripes-a-Mighty" on it.

And that is what I did this summer... :thumbsup:

A TAMIYA 1:35 Scale M-42 DUSTER.....It came yesterday but collected it from the Mail Depot today....

I had searched for this and was delighted when I eventaully found it ....

woo hoo ! woo hoo !!!

HOLMES... :thumbsup: :)

Edited by HOLMES

This one...

101_0438.jpg

I'll have to desert to go there, but....

No, really... I should have been "on duty" that day (a two weeks cruise), but asked a 24hours shore leave and... incredible... they gave it to me...

Sometimes it helps when they realise you're working really hard :whistle:

Canada Post does one thing well on one hand and the blows dead bears on the other. The same day and time ( 29 July @ 0920 hrs! ) that I mailed the M/O to Dave for the decals, I sent an M/O to 'osmo' at the Lynn Valley Post Office in North Vancouver, B.C. - the next province over from Dave - for a couple of items he had listed in the Buy and Sell Forum. I sent him an e-mail yesterday asking if he had received the M/O yet. He informs me that the blower of dead bears has yet to deliver said M/O. I'll give it a few more days and then I'll ask again. If nothing, I'll have to contact the bank to find out if the M/O has been cashed or not and take it from there. :pray:

Consistency of service it ain't!

Got a note from osmo on Thursday evening. It seems that the M/O I sent was put into the wrong PO box by someone at the postal outlet. The problem has been rectified but it wasn't fixed until the owner of the PO box realized that s/he had osmo's M/O in there and returned it to the postal clerk so it could be properly delivered to osmo. Amazing... Osmo advised that the items I ordered are now in the mail. He provided a tracking number. Let's see if CP screws the pooch on this part of it.

Got a note from osmo on Thursday evening. It seems that the M/O I sent was put into the wrong PO box by someone at the postal outlet. The problem has been rectified but it wasn't fixed until the owner of the PO box realized that s/he had osmo's M/O in there and returned it to the postal clerk so it could be properly delivered to osmo. Amazing... Osmo advised that the items I ordered are now in the mail. He provided a tracking number. Let's see if CP screws the pooch on this part of it.

I have to give kudos to the dead bears this time. The package from Vern, aka osmo, was in my mailbox this morning.

1/48 Aires Bf 110G resin cockpit

Bag of assorted hypodermic needles for making blast tubes, etc.

Jewelers reamer to flare ends of above needles

8G memory card for new camera

Greg

Trumpeter 1/35 Mi-4 Hound

HobbyFan 1/35 M35A1 GunTruck FSV Conversion

Armour Track Models 1/35 M1A1 Track Set

Real Models 1/35 M1127 Stryker Conversion w/ slat armor

Legends 1/35 DML M1A1 TUSK Conversion

Hobby Boss 1/35 AAVP7A1 w/ EAAK x2

A great Friday to come home to.

Yesterday...a 1/48 Hasegawa Sabre 5 with a Legends resin cockpit from Osmo. Thanks Vern! :worship:

Which squadron does this get made up as? I have a nice CanMilAir 430 Squadron sheet and a Model Alliance 421 and 422 sheet. I've also got the latest Leading Edge Skylancers set along with an old 1 Wing and 2 Wing set.

Decisions....decisions...decisions...

Yesterday...a 1/48 Hasegawa Sabre 5 with a Legends resin cockpit from Osmo. Thanks Vern! :worship:

Which squadron does this get made up as? I have a nice CanMilAir 430 Squadron sheet and a Model Alliance 421 and 422 sheet. I've also got the latest Leading Edge Skylancers set along with an old 1 Wing and 2 Wing set.

Decisions....decisions...decisions...

What a surprise another Sabre :worship:

Don