What came in the mail for you today?

I don't know when Canada Post delivered but I got it out of the mailbox yesterday. I got a little care package from DONG with some spare 1/48 Sabre parts.

Thanks Don!

Mike

I got a nice little care package from someone, dont know their name, but it sure was nice. I got 25 paints, some razor blades, glue, both plastic and super, and it also had 5 kits. Man it was like Christmas. Thanks again!

• 5 weeks later...

This week

1/32 Tamiya F-4C/D

1/48 Revell F-15C and F-18F

1/32 Has. A-4F plus some 1/32 decals from Phantom

1/32 TEKNIKS F-14D exterior conv.

some decals for my 1/32 RF-4C

Don

- spoilt myself silly this week

Two Bobs decals

"48-146 F-22A Roll The Dice Raptors" Exelantly cool and subtle 'ice raptors' (pardon the over used and predictable punns)

"48-191 AH-64A Iron City Apaches" Nice evil looking Crocadilian (NOT 'Gator, it has exterior, upward incisors!) features !

And a package from Defence Models and Graphics, here in Aus', a convertion for the 1/48 AR1 Australian Tiger helo

tigre1.jpg

--a good detailed set !

It's not a model but it's worth more. My brother sent me our Father's medals. He had intended to hang them on his office wall but the frame and glass broke so he sent them to me.

I don't know what they all are yet. The Air Force didn't have anything like some of these.

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

A couple oddities are: the collar brass, they have a patterned background

the pin with one hanger has a prop on top of some kind of design

the horizontal stripes next to the dog tags

the dog tags, one has only two lines and the other has his name and address, both have a notch on the edge. Mine don't

the "V" has a small round picture of him in the center

The 60th patch was designed by my father after he saw Dumbo in the theater.

My wife says that we should make up a similar frame with our medals.

Edited by ikar

Yesterday, I received a bunch of decal sheets from Dave at Leading Edge Models. :thumbsup:

Canada Post does one thing well on one hand and the blows dead bears on the other. The same day and time ( 29 July @ 0920 hrs! ) that I mailed the M/O to Dave for the decals, I sent an M/O to 'osmo' at the Lynn Valley Post Office in North Vancouver, B.C. - the next province over from Dave - for a couple of items he had listed in the Buy and Sell Forum. I sent him an e-mail yesterday asking if he had received the M/O yet. He informs me that the blower of dead bears has yet to deliver said M/O. I'll give it a few more days and then I'll ask again. If nothing, I'll have to contact the bank to find out if the M/O has been cashed or not and take it from there. :bandhead2:

Consistency of service it ain't!

MAW decals 48-019 "Battle Phrogs"

great decals, lots of fine detail and detailed stenciling

I think the instruction/referance CD is a bit of overkill though ?