As for the resin intakes, they're obviously more accurate than the kit intakes .. .. in which case, f-111s always had the blow in doors open when powered on the ground. So, I decided to mod them.

Yeh, indeed, that's why I told ya it's gonna take some "brass balls" to try 'n' open the blow in doors. Last time I saw those DMold intakes, I thought I'd willingly fast for a whole week in order to graft them onto my Academy FB-111A kit! They're a great addition to any F-111 kit.

Judgin' by the light there can be seen through in the blow-in doors area here on yer last picture, I infer that ya've already succeeded in openin' them up, haven't ya, Benny, or is it just a trick of the light?

img01490.jpg

Awesome job, bloke! :worship: Keep it up, mate.

Cheers,

Unc²

Judgin' by the light there can be seen through in the blow-in doors area here on yer last picture, I infer that ya've already succeeded in openin' them up, haven't ya, Benny, or is it just a trick of the light?

Yes I did, but I haven't put doors back on yet, I'll do that much later.

img0151p0.jpg

Looks like I've found me yet another good thread to follow closely! <_<

Yes I did, but I haven't put doors back on yet, I'll do that much later.

Noice, Benny! :coolio: How did ya cut those resin doors out so neatly? Were ya able to save the resin doors from the DMold suckers in order to put them back on opened or will ya scratch new ones?

Me likes! :)

Cheers, bloke!

Unc²

Noice, Benny! :whistle: How did ya cut those resin doors out so neatly? Were ya able to save the resin doors from the DMold suckers in order to put them back on opened or will ya scratch new ?

no, there was no way to save the resin doors. I had to basically drill a hole in the middle of the doors and cut the rest with my knife. If I were to do this again, I would try the kit doors as replacements... But I'm not going to do his again.

If I were to do this again, I would try the kit doors as replacements... But I'm not going to do his again.

:rofl:Oh? So, would that not be the answer for yer new blow-in doors since ya've replaced the kit's styrene intakes for the resin DMold ones? Why don't ya just cut the kit styrene intakes' blow-in doors free 'n' graft 'em onto yer build? I guess this is whut I'd do if only I had those wonderful-lookin' resin suckers, y'know. Yer Academy F-111 styrene intake blow-in doors must already have the correct shape 'n' curve, aye?

Aaaahhh... those wheels! :rofl:

Unc²

:rofl:Oh? So, would that not be the answer for yer new blow-in doors since ya've replaced the kit's styrene intakes for the resin DMold ones? Why don't ya just cut the kit styrene intakes' blow-in doors free 'n' graft 'em onto yer build? I guess this is whut I'd do if only I had those wonderful-lookin' resin suckers, y'know. Yer Academy F-111 styrene intake blow-in doors must already have the correct shape 'n' curve, aye?

Aaaahhh... those wheels! :rofl:

Unc²

Yes, I would normally have used the kit doors. But I don't have them anymore. I didn't know about the blow in doors until after I had started the kit and tossed out the old intakes.

Completed BRU with bombs. There are two more Mk82s to go on the inner pylons.

img0154kr.jpg

in-progress flap with spacing correction. I made two cuts to short the length, the cuts / trim is done so that it fits the wing piece already glued on, not to match the opposite flap.

img0155ns.jpg

Benny! Noice recovery on "them" flaps, mate; at first I thought those were the Scaledown flaps comin' all the way from the land down under just to give ya the grief 'bout some misalignment issues... :( Guess I didn't quite get ya when ya mentioned that one flap was thicker than the other. Ain't those Paragon sets awfully expensive for this to happen, Benny?

Watch it; looks like the USAF have forgotten a couple of loaded BRU racks over yer workbench... :D

Keep it up, mate.

Cheers,

Unc²

Lovely work and nice subject........

Always liked the F-111 but never got around to it..........maybe soon.......

I agree the bombs are masterly done and will suit well .............on the finish product......

Mr B

been painting away lately. Pic doesn't show it, but I've put in custom decals into the intakes to represent the RAM coating and installed several blow in doors. I've got 2 more of those to shape and put in. Just taking a break from painting as I do this post

img0162i.jpg

Edited by Benner

:tease:Awlriiiiiiiiight, Benny...!!! Me's lost for wodrs; just :jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping: hopelessly in luv with yer build.

Pic doesn't show it, but I've put in custom decals into the intakes to represent the RAM coating and installed several blow in doors. I've got 2 more of those to shape and put in.

How 'bout ya show us "them" pictures of that area, mate? ;)

Cheers,

Unc²

:jaw-dropping:Awlriiiiiiiiight, Benny...!!! Me's lost for wodrs; just ;) :wub: hopelessly in luv with yer build.

How 'bout ya show us "them" pictures of that area, mate? :lol:

nope, not done that area yet :lol:

but you can see a bit more here.

img0166y.jpg

there were some things I didn't like with the Afterburner decal sheet that require changing, like black for the markers for the inflight refueling receptacle.

I gave the model an enamel wash but you can barely see it, the panel lines are very fine.

Edited by Benner

Benny! :thumbsup:

Me'd say ya've nailed the brown colour on the camouflage with that in the refuel receptacle right in "them" head!

Another stunning Vark kit box in the background! :lol:

Uh-huh... Buildin' a Spark Vark after ya're done with this E version, Benny? ;)

Cheers, bloke

Unc²