Centennial of Naval Aviation Group Build

Mike R and I were planning an E-2 group build, but I reckon we can safely drop it and merge with this one. I'll be doing a Hasegawa E-2C in the markings of VAW-120 (funnily enough in the scheme Slick posted above). Come on Mikey - now's your chance to get that E-2 underway too.

I will certainly be entering this one. I have some unique builds I have been wanting to do for sometime that were used by the Navy. And the fact that’s its a year long should give me enough time to finish at least 3 models. Yes I am slow. :worship:

Robert

Niche Models will add a Hasegawa 1/72 E-2C HAWKEYE "USS GEORGE WASHINGTON" (00975)

00975.jpg

and a Hasegawa 1/48 AV-8B HARRIER II PLUS "VMA-513 FLYING NIGHTMARES" (09815)

09815.jpg

to the prizes.

That's awesome Craig - thanks! This is going to be a great group build

I'll join.

Maybe with a F7U-3M, or a F3D, or a PB-1W, or a A3D, or a plain old boring F-14, or a KA-6D....

So many options!

Edit: Oh, and a Phantom, of course!

Edited by Pete
going thru my decal stash, I have some I will donate as prizes. Perhaps do a mid-year raffle in mid May as well as a fainl one in Nov '11. I will finalize which ones over the next month or so

Great idea Ken - A mid build raffle it will be! Great way to keep the enthusiasm up!

Yea, I think an aircraft carrier will be just fine. It is after all the bird farm and the cornerstone of Naval Aviation. I also got a question about Navy blimps and autogyros. Those are good to go too. Diversity and history are the key words for the build and I'm so glad there's a lot of out of the box thinking, not just tomcats and hornets and such. With the Kinetic S-2 and the Revell PV-1 and more stuff on the way in terms of Naval Aviation releases for 2011, this should really be a good year. Keep it going guys!

Fly Navy

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why we haven't gotten our dedicated forum yet, I did send Steve a not about it a while back. I'm @ work typing this on my iPod, so I will address this afternoon when I get home or maybe Lego can get something rolling. Stay tuned & Fly Navy.

Not sure why we haven't gotten our dedicated forum yet, I did send Steve a not about it a while back. I'm @ work typing this on my iPod, so I will address this afternoon when I get home or maybe Lego can get something rolling. Stay tuned & Fly Navy.

Fuji - I was just about to drop him a line about the forum

Edited by Ken Middleton