Hawker Hunter experts

I want to build this jet, it is Bob Guildfords, who who was lost at the Hillsboro airshow in 2006. What I am wondering is, what squadron are these markings from, and are they available anywhere? I need them in 1/72.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/r...bobguilford.jpg

Cheers, Lee

Edited by riffraff
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/r...bobguilford.jpg I want to build this jet, it is Bob Guildfords, who who was lost at the Hillsboro airshow in 2006. What I am wondering is, what squadron are these markings from, and are they available anywhere? I need them in 1/72.

Cheers, Lee

Thats 92 squadron "Blue Diamonds" Aerobatic team from the 60's. Bound to be available from somewhere!

That was one of the options with the old Matchbox kit. Can't say I've ever seen the scheme on an aftermarket set, but then I've never gone out looking for it. If you get stuck let me know via PM I'm pretty certain I can dig a set of Matchbox decals out of the decal bank.

peebeep

That was one of the options with the old Matchbox kit. Can't say I've ever seen the scheme on an aftermarket set, but then I've never gone out looking for it. If you get stuck let me know via PM I'm pretty certain I can dig a set of Matchbox decals out of the decal bank.

peebeep

If you can get hold of one the Revell 1/32 Hunter Mk 6 kit could be used for the sqn markings, and extradecal sheet X32-007 would provide the roundels and fin flash edged in white. You would have to paint the white lightning flash.

Hope this helps just a little.

peebeep

Thanks peebeep,PM sent.

And thanks Owen for the tip, but I am looking for 1/72.

Cheers, Lee

Thanks peebeep,PM sent.

And thanks Owen for the tip, but I am looking for 1/72.

Cheers, Lee

Something was bugging me about the photograph and I have at last figured it out. The lumps and bumps on the nose and just below the fin, would seem to make it an ex swiss machine.