Wolfpak Decals sheet 72-023 C-47A color scheme

I recently picked up another great Wolfpak Decals sheet, 72-023 "SAC Silver". There's an interesting post-war USAF C-47A scheme included, but I have some questions about it.

The instructions say the sides are natural metal and the lower fuselage is ADC gray. Does this mean that the entire lower fuselage including the underside of the wings, are gray? Or, if the wings are natural metal on the top and bottom, where exactly does the gray end? Also, are the horizontal stabs white on the top and bottom or are they white on top only and natural metal on the bottom?

Thanks in advance for your help with this. A scan of the instruction sheet can be found here:

http://www.usaf-sig.org/index.php/componen...-t-33-b-52-c-47

-Derek

I normally don't like to use restored warbirds for color reference, but the Yankee Air Museum's C-47 is painted in a similar sheme. The wings, nacelles, and horizontal stabs are ADC gray top and bottom, with aluminum dope ailerons and elevators.

SN

• 2 years later...