F-14 Tomcat profiles

The overall light grey aircraft were FS 16440 (light) gull grey, not FS 36495.

Jens

Hi Jens, some time ago I stated that painting as overall FS 16440, but looking at the pictures I felt that this gray was so clear for FS 16440. I can not put the photos that I have here because of copyright rules, but I received indications that these paintings would be indeed as FS 36495... If not, when the FS 36495 came to be used?

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi twong, Yes I intend to make decals (not only one) for VF-41 as I am preparing for VF-111, VF-114 and all others, in 1/144, 1/72 and 1/48, as soon as I get more pictures of older versions. This version that you put there, was a limited edition release from Hasegawa. From this period I have only one photo of Fast Eagle 135, I got on Airliners.net and had no crew names painted on the canopy rail.

If by chance you have better references from this period and want to share with me, I can promise you a decal for free as soon as it comes ready, this way you could do this to materialize sooner... :wacko:

Edited by FCM
Hi Jens, some time ago I stated that painting as overall FS 16440, but looking at the pictures I felt that this gray was so clear for FS 16440. I can not put the photos that I have here because of copyright rules, but I received indications that these paintings would be indeed as FS 36495... If not, when the FS 36495 came to be used?

With all due respect, looking at pictures is not a very good way of finding the right colours. In some cases pictures are the best you can get (e.g. WWII aircraft), but the F-14 is a well-documented aircraft and so are its colours. Here you can find more information on F-14 colour schemes: http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-colours.htm.

Jens

FCM,

Thanks for the reply. Great news and a great offer but unfortunately the only references I have are from a couple old books like Colors and Markings F-14 Vol. 2 and Aerofax Minigraph 3. Internet references are very few. Looking forward to seeing the Hi-Vis VF-41 markings when they do become available though.

With all due respect, looking at pictures is not a very good way of finding the right colours. In some cases pictures are the best you can get (e.g. WWII aircraft), but the F-14 is a well-documented aircraft and so are its colours. Here you can find more information on F-14 colour schemes: http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-colours.htm.

Jens

Ok Jens, I talked with other former pilots and they confirmed what you're saying. As soon as possible I will be correcting all the profiles with the wrong color.

Thanks for your critique! :worship:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello friends,

Our budy Felipe is doing a great job in this new series of FCM Decals. The FCM Decals is a symbol in Brazilian Modeling and since Felipe started producing his decals back in 90's the quality of the art and print just got better and better in every new sheet he released, and today's sheets are great, specially those new ones printed in Microscale facilities. Everything is wonderful, since the art until the Microscale print nowadays.

Definitely recommended!!

I'm looking foward to have some of this new releases, especially the VF-114 HiViz.

Congratulations Felipe.

Cheers and merry christmas to you all.

JM

Edited by Jose Maria
  • 1 month later...