Holy ugly British bombers Batman!

Here's a model of Tamiya's old Lancaster to inspire you into depression, ineptness, and maybe a little contempt for your own skills. Or maybe it's supposed to be the other way around, but it doesn't feel that way looking at this build.

http://www.helmo.gr/index.php?option=com_c...84&Itemid=1

WOW! Stunning work. :yahoo: Someday, I hope to do a kit that well.

Edited by Gundamhead

His work is incredible. I was following the build of this one from the get go. He didn't just build a model... he built the actual Lancaster. The skill and ability this builder shows is nothing short of jaw dropping. Everything from the smallest of details (a folding arm rest on the pilots seat, the lamp and sliding ruler for the navigator), to doing the best effect I've ever seen of stretched skin aluminium - by actually making the stretched skin.

The planning, follow through and end result of every stage of his build is, quite frankly, the standard. Amazing work in 1/48, though I would love to see him do a build of a 1/24 Hurricane like that, with all the fuselage panels removed.

Thanks for posting the link,

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha

And using his build as a reference wouldn't be wrong either. The amount of research and information collected is staggering too. There was NOTHING left to guessing or assumption. It's all the way it would have been. Lighting too!

I'm not taking this from the country that gave the world the B-10.

:D Excellent point. But, now the arguement is, is the Lancaster is uglier, or just as ugly as a B-10? :touche: :lol:

Even viewing it a few days later after the initial awe, it still is an amazing build. I really admire that dedication and skill to our craft. Plus, I do hate him for having said skill and dedication. :)