Alex's Lancaster

Dear ARC guys

I'm Alex Kontiveis.

I feel obliged to thank you publicly for your kind comments about my build. I really appreciate every word written about. However, I believe, that you exaggerate a bit. Its just a good model. It was my first effort on detailing a 1/48 kit. Everybody knows that I'm a large scale builder (1/24).

I believe that my next coming projects will be much better than this one.

Thank U once again. :jaw-dropping::rofl: :(

Best regards

Alex Kontiveis

HEL.MO. webmaster / IPMS Malta

Dear ARC guys

I'm Alex Kontiveis.

I feel obliged to thank you publicly for your kind comments about my build. I really appreciate every word written about. However, I believe, that you exaggerate a bit. Its just a good model. It was my first effort on detailing a 1/48 kit. Everybody knows that I'm a large scale builder (1/24).

I believe that my next coming projects will be much better than this one.

Thank U once again. :wub: :cheers: :cheers:

Best regards

Alex Kontiveis

HEL.MO. webmaster / IPMS Malta

So you are telling us that this is just a warm up model? More extreme modeling to come!

I QUIT

Time for me to retire......... :beer4:

No no...I didn't say that it was a warm up model. To be honest to U, I tried and I did my best. I made a lot of mistakes, and I will try to avoid them in the future. Making a 4engine Heavy bomber is a great challenge for everybody! We are talking about the most famous bomber of WWII. Bomber command does not forgive mistakes....

I'm glad you like it.

Cheers

Alex

No no...I didn't say that it was a warm up model. To be honest to U, I tried and I did my best. I made a lot of mistakes, and I will try to avoid them in the future.

Cheers

Alex

Alex,

Something that a lot of us have wondered is why you spent so much time, effort and great skill with things like the internal ribbing and flare dispenser, etc., when you can't see most of it when the model is closed up and finished? Is it because "you know it's there", or is it for some other reason? This is not meant to be a criticism in any way, because your Lanc rocks!

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Glad to meet you again.

Look. As far as I mention to my ARC article, a lot of work is visible, with out effort. Example:

looking through crew's main entrance, you may see very clearly the flare chute, open its cover and input the flare tube inside. You may see the Elsan toilet, the paper roll, etc.

By removing the middle turret (it is not glued) you can see all the rest interior such as ammunition rails etc. The tail turret is totally open.

By switching on the lights, you can see through the large canopy many details from navigator's table and some detail from wireless operator. You can move up and down pilot's seat arm rest. The bomb aimer's dome is very clear. You can obviously see the bomb sight and many details around.

The 80% of the interior detail is visible enough.

On aeroscale forum, somebody said that the undercarriage (landing gears) sit too far back... Yes he is right according to many pics... But take a look at some of my pics... There are many examples that the undercarriage sit far back than usual. Another guy said about the fading that is rather lighted than usual...see my pic also.

ng265.jpg

ALEX

YOU Sir Are the best SCRATCH BUILD modeler whose work I have had the pleasure to view when you post it..

:cheers: ;) :worship:

Thank U my friend...but there are many others -fellow modellers- much better than me...Rodney Williams, Guilermo Bazan, John Vojtech, Wojtek Fajga, Oliver Doering (shark64!), Tsonos Megas, and more (forgive me I cant remember their names)...

I cant accept such a compliment...

I try for my own pleasure mostly... Nothing more.

Another guy said about the fading that is rather lighted than usual...see my pic also.

Thanks Alex. I sort of knew the answer, but I was curious about the details.

As for the painting of the Lanc, I totally agree with your paint scheme, since I did the very same thing myself. The vast majority of the photographs of Lancasters are of newly refurbished survivors, so the paint isn't typical of war time Lancs that sat out in the muddy fields during the day with crew walking all over them, then flew through flak all night. People see these color photographs with perfect paint jobs and think that is the norm. Instead during war time, they were beat up a lot and the paint jobs faded quite a bit. I think your paint job is spot on.

Thanks Alex. I sort of knew the answer, but I was curious about the details.

As for the painting of the Lanc, I totally agree with your paint scheme, since I did the very same thing myself. The vast majority of the photographs of Lancasters are of newly refurbished survivors, so the paint isn't typical of war time Lancs that sat out in the muddy fields during the day with crew walking all over them, then flew through flak all night. People see these color photographs with perfect paint jobs and think that is the norm. Instead during war time, they were beat up a lot and the paint jobs faded quite a bit. I think your paint job is spot on.

In fact the colors of the model are a bit darker than those seen on my daylight pictures. I agree with You. But who knows the truth? I wish I could travel back in time...to see many planes live!!!! (especially the Luftwaffe birds!)

Anyway...Alex's Lanc belongs in past. :thumbsup:

I'm focused on my next project...and I'm trying to document my data.

Alex.