Here is the missile tray that I've been working on. It comes from a patent that Northrop has on this subject. I saw it on one of the links on the internet and I thought it was probably the reason that the WB on PAV-1 has never been seen. Anyway. It's four boxes I make out of 0.13mm styrene. The four AIM 120C missliles fit quite nicely. leaving room for another tray of four missiles or two AIM 9 Sidewinders in a tray. The AIM 120 A or B models will not fit in the tray because the tail fins are too large. The AIM 120C was specifically built for the interior racks of the F-22 or the F-23.

th_005.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_035.jpg

th_034.jpg

Looking awesome!

It would be easier to keep track of your progress if you kept all the updates in the same thread tho.... :thumbsup:

Ok, I'm a rookie web person. Ive got all this stuff on the site under YF-23 Progress, but for some reason its not hooked togther. Any way to change this?

Ok, I'm a rookie web person. Ive got all this stuff on the site under YF-23 Progress, but for some reason its not hooked togther. Any way to change this?
When you are ready to add new progress:

Open your previous thread (http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=214826&hl= ://http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air...214826&hl= ://http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air...214826&hl= seems to be the largest thread) and click "add reply". Then add your new info and photos to that thread.

DO NOT just go to the in-progress forum and click "new topic". This will start a new thread...

To make it easier to find your old thread you should bookmark it (click "favorites" at the top left of your browser and then click "add to favorite").

At this point you now have 11 separate thread titled "YF-23 progress". You can see them if you click on your name, which takes you to your profile, then click options/find members topics.

Two ways to get them all into one single thread at this point...

Either find the first thread, open it in a new window, open the second thread in another window, copy all of your text from the second, click "add reply" in the first and paste the text (and picture links from the second into the first. Continue doing this with each thread, adding all the info and pics to that very first thread...

Or,

Make a list of the order that all 11 threads should be in, PM one of the mods and ask that they merge them and delete the rest.

You might also ask them to trim out some of the unnecessary replies such as this one...

Keep up the good work on the 23!

:thumbsup:

When you are ready to add new progress:

Open your previous thread (http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=214826&hl= ://http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air...214826&hl= ://http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air...214826&hl= ://http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air...214826&hl= seems to be the largest thread) and click "add reply". Then add your new info and photos to that thread.

DO NOT just go to the in-progress forum and click "new topic". This will start a new thread...

To make it easier to find your old thread you should bookmark it (click "favorites" at the top left of your browser and then click "add to favorite").

At this point you now have 11 separate thread titled "YF-23 progress". You can see them if you click on your name, which takes you to your profile, then click options/find members topics.

Two ways to get them all into one single thread at this point...

Either find the first thread, open it in a new window, open the second thread in another window, copy all of your text from the second, click "add reply" in the first and paste the text (and picture links from the second into the first. Continue doing this with each thread, adding all the info and pics to that very first thread...

Or,

Make a list of the order that all 11 threads should be in, PM one of the mods and ask that they merge them and delete the rest.

You might also ask them to trim out some of the unnecessary replies such as this one...

Keep up the good work on the 23!

:thumbsup:

Thanks Chris, I'll try that. Lee

Here is the missile tray that I've been working on. It comes from a patent that Northrop has on this subject. I saw it on one of the links on the internet and I thought it was probably the reason that the WB on PAV-1 has never been seen. Anyway. It's four boxes I make out of 0.13mm styrene. The four AIM 120C missliles fit quite nicely. leaving room for another tray of four missiles or two AIM 9 Sidewinders in a tray. The AIM 120 A or B models will not fit in the tray because the tail fins are too large. The AIM 120C was specifically built for the interior racks of the F-22 or the F-23.

th_005.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_035.jpg

th_034.jpg

Got the panel lines drawn today. I read somewhere in ARC that the weapons bay inPAV 1 ,Tail # 800, was painted zinc chromate?

th_7002.jpg

th_7004.jpg

th_7003.jpg

Now I'll scribe them in and search for that zinc chromate reference.

Here is a test fit for the missile tray I havent finalized the exect dimensions, so the tray is not glued together.

th_036.jpg

th_037.jpg

th_038.jpg

I think the two boxes that house the fins are about the right size. The boxes that hold the rest of the missile also

hold the chain mechanisms that move the missiles into firing position.

• 2 weeks later...

th_005.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_035.jpg

th_034.jpg

I just got some more work done on the Missile tray

th_1001.jpg

To stiffen the edges, I aded 1/16 channel plastic to the long boxes.

th_1004.jpg

The boxes then fit together.

th_1007.jpg

th_1008.jpg

th_1010.jpg

Missiles fit perfectly

th_1013.jpg

Just need to add chain mechanism and extenders.

Time to change subjects for awhile. I worked on the canopy earlier in the year. I added the interior backside out of plastic scraps. The hinge arms were cut and added to open the canopy. The canopy opening arm position is yet to be determined. I'm looking for pictures of the back of the canopy i n the open position. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

th_DSCN3405.jpg

th_DSCN3410.jpgth_DSCN3414.jpg

th_DSCN3421.jpgth_DSCN3425.jpg

th_DSCN3435.jpgth_DSCN3438.jpg

th_DSCN3440.jpgth_DSCN3459.jpg

th_DSCN3465.jpg