I have searched and not seen a thread started on B-17 pictures. There is a thread started on just about every other aircraft for all models of that aircraft to be posted but I have not seen a thread on the B-17.

If not started please let me know and I will start a thread for B-17 pictures only.

Brock

Gents,

I can add a few of the recent fliers in the UK.

It has to be 'Sally B' leading off.

IMG_9823.jpg

IMG_9193-1.jpg

IMG_9170-1.jpg

IMG_9123-1.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

July 2008, when 'Liberty Belle' came over the pond for a while, mostly staying at Duxford. I messed up a lovely chance for some decent, well lit evening pics at Duxford when she returned from visiting some of East Anglia's former 8th AF airfields. Normal museum day, no crowds, light good and some real close in stuff as she taxied in, went home really chuffed and found I'd smeared sun cream over my lens! This one has been recovered as best as possible.

IMG_5541.jpg

The show that weekend at Duxford, when 'Pink Lady' came across from France to make up three B-17's, although 'Sally B' was unfortunately grounded for most of the year with engine changes - you can't see it, but she's missing the outboard engines in this line up. Sadly, 'Pink Lady' is now permanetly grounded so we'll probably never see that number of flying B-17's in europe again.

IMG_5562.jpg

Bring the next lot on!

Gary

Edited by gary1701

Stephen,

The last shot above with MH434 on the wing; Rougham, this year surely? Same pass as my black & white one above! We can't have been very far apart!

Gary

Edited by gary1701
martin_sam_2000, can you reduce your picture sizes so we can see them without scrolling sideways?

sorry...I keep them larger as I host them on my own website and they are used by a number of people who need them that big. The board should auto resize them to the width of a standard post.

Sean