So I've shipped a whole bunch of these now and I'm curious if any of you have any plans to do a build soon?

I'm very anxious to see the parts in action!

:banana:

Not me, but a friend of mine is building MiG-23 currently, and he will use Zacto and Two Mikes parts. I will post pics to you as soon as he gets them and starts working. He have used yours (And Alexander's. :nanner:) cans before on MiG-29M:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa81/Pe.../Vlamgat093.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa81/Pe...t/MIG-29006.jpg

Attention recent customers:

I may have forgotten to include a piece of strip styrene (.010" X .020") with your splitter plate orders.

Parts.jpg

The strip is used to create the braces behind the splitter plates.

Supports.jpg

If you received a package without the strip included and don't have some you can substitute, let me know and I'll mail some to you.

This is probably limited to orders placed during the last couple of days.

Not me, but a friend of mine is building MiG-23 currently, and he will use Zacto and Two Mikes parts. I will post pics to you as soon as he gets them and starts working. He have used yours (And Alexander's. :monkeydance: ) cans before on MiG-29M
Those look nice! You should convince him to become an ARC member and post pics regularly!

Thanks for posting them. I'd love to see more and am really looking forward to seeing some MiG-23 pics.

:salute:

Chris,

I three times sent my Order on your e-mail...

And in the answer - nothing... :)

May be my messages don't come to your mail box?..

That's odd... I received orders from other customers today. I checked Paypal and your order isn't there.

Please e-mail me a list of the items you wish to order and I will send a custom Paypal invoice (with combined shipping discount included) and we'll see if that works for you.

Please e-mail both of my addresses just in case:

Zactoman@Zactomodels.com (primary)

Zactoman@yahoo.com (back up)

:)

OK, I have sent the Order once again on both e-mailes.
Invoice sent, payment received and package(s) shipped today.

Thanks for supporting Zactomodels!

I hope you have some great builds (and post pictures of them)!

:rolleyes:

Invoice sent, payment received and package(s) shipped today.

Thanks for supporting Zactomodels!

I hope you have some great builds (and post pictures of them)!

:cheers:

Chris, thank You!!! :yahoo:

Of course, I will try to post photos.

But, unfortunately, a problem that at me is less free time, than boxes with kits and wonderful aftermarkets... :doh:

This is great work Chris, I'm so pleased that people like yourself are making such brilliant aftermarket kits.

Any news on when you might take on the SU-27UB canopy? I have a 1/32 Kit of it on the shelf at home but I don't plan to work on it till someone does some nice resin to complement it. I like many others have been waiting for a resin cockpit for the SU-27UB, apparently both Aires and wolfpack are planning them, but theres no sign on the horizon...

I'm also planning to use your nose cone set for my two seater, as well as numerous missiles etc.

Since you make such great canopy sets have you ever considered doing a full on canopy and cockpit? Ejection seats I can get from Quickboost after all. :sunrevolves:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Zactoman, happy new year, a little late :)

Reading your post about your new pieces for the MiG23 1/32 scale, this is great work, I'm so pleased that people like yourself are making such brilliant aftermarket sets, but I have a suggestion to do:

Instead of making the holes one by one, burning your eyes, make a draw in Corel Draw, or similar program, make an photo etched with all the holes and use as a guide to transfer the holes to the piece of resin, without affraid of making a hole out of alignment. For the air intake of the other side of the airplane, simply turn the photo etched back side and you'll have a half job done.

I do a few resin pieces and I know how is boring to do repeated job

Thank for listing

Best regards

Edited by Modeler
Instead of making the holes one by one, burning your eyes, make a draw in Corel Draw, or similar program, make an photo etched with all the holes and use as a guide to transfer the holes to the piece of resin, without affraid of making a hole out of alignment.
Hi Modeler,

Thanks for the suggestion, but he problem is the cost of having the photo-etch made.

Please read my earlier response: Post #30

Yes it was a ton of work but I'm quite happy with the end result.

Still anxiously waiting to see somebody use the parts...

:woot.gif:

• 1 month later...
Hi Chris,

I know you're always uber busy, but any idea when the Aphid dual rail launchers will be made available?

Thx :bandhead2:

That was addressed at post #55:

My current plan is to do the Su-25 outer pylons next followed by the APU-60-2 twin Aphid launch rails. These two projects shouldn't take long. After that I'll be revisiting the family Flanker canopies which will take some time.
Here you are Chris. At least the pylons, unfortunately the intake set came too late for me :
Looking nice Booga! Thanks for posting the pics :cheers:

I'm looking forward to seeing some paint on your build.

any idea when the Aphid dual rail launchers will be made available?
I just returned from a short vacation and am almost finished catching up with orders.

My next #1 priority will be getting the A-7 sets back on the market. Once this happens I'll be busy for several more days assuming that all who have been asking for them actually order.

My other #1 priority is getting the AIM-9X finished up and ready for release. Though Alexander did a beautiful job making the patterns, he left a little of the more complex final assembly for me and then there's the instruction sheet which should be quick.

Next will be the dual Aphid launch rails and possibly/probably MiG-29 forward intake corrections.

Then,,,,,Finally,,,,I will be sitting down at the workbench and continuing the Su-27 two-seater canopies! I've been avoiding these due to the amount of time the patterns will take (and vacuumforming those huge canopies will be a big pain!).

Is it me, or is that folding ventral fin off the mark?
I compared the kit parts to a drawing and photos and here is what I found.

Fin.jpg

It looks like pivot points should be moved (red marks on the pic) and the retracting mechanism doors need to be cut out of the right side of the fin. A little scratching of the mechanism and doors and all is good.

The very front of the fixed triangular fairing could be chopped and replaced or left as is, depending on the particular plane you are doing. It seems that most had the front end that is different from that provided in the kit...

The rear of the fin could be trimmed down as could the lower edge per the drawing I was comparing to.

There are some good photos of the fin in these walkarounds:

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/isaac_gershman/mig-23ml/

http://www.photoka.info/mig23/index.htm

:D

• 4 months later...

...and again with K-36 seat. They do not learn. :bandhead2:

Yeah, that's weird considering that KM-1M seat is included in the kit and this is just extra plastic included. How hard is it to decide NOT to put smth inside? :)

No biggie. The ML kit came with a K36 seat too, but the original seat was still in the box.

true. But does it make sense? I pay a lot of money - is it asking too much to expect a careful researched kit? Even this might not be important (it's more to laugh)- it screws many modellers up (instruction is wrong too!) and we all have to pay for.

Just my 2 €-ct

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

I know it's really down your priority list but I would hope that you would create some Flogger intake replacements (not just the splitter plate). I am really no good with modding parts, but I would buy three sets of intakes from you right off the bat... as well as the inevitable MiG-27 intakes... :)

Cheers! :cheers:

-HK sends

Edited by HK_sends