C-27J Spartan in 1/72

Well, the A-10s were actually only transferred to the other side of the state..but I miss seeing them in the pattern. I must say I'm looking forward to seeing some big ol' prop jobs cruising overhead.

SN

I live not to far from Quonset Air port in R.I, I get to see the C-130J pretty much everyday. Since last June I have been building a house on the other side of the water from Quonset in Jamestown, at times they come over the Island and dive over the water at a good clip, they sound like hotrodded P-51 Mustangs. The C-27J I am guessing must sound pretty much the same.

There was talk of making an AC-27 "Stinger II", I don't know if it ever got beyond the talk stage

I'm hoping the talking is still going on for that one as I think it'd be cool to have a smaller gunship in the inventory alongside the Hercs!

We just recieved our 2nd C-27J last night, had a total of 3 on the apron our 2 plus a transient A/C. The ECM suite on the JCA (US) C-27 is quite a bit different than all the other users. Of course they do have the HUD, no inflight refueling, big scanner windows in the back. Has the C-130J cocpit setup and D2100-3 engines. Since Lockheed developed the C-27J as a mini herc, but the deceided to go with the C-130J for the JCA competition. Still have army markings on them even the one that just flew in from the factory in Waco that does the mods. Just saw the Italeri kit previews, and need to order several of them. As far as the STINGER II gunship that has been shelved for now, going with the MC-130W roll on/off weapons I think they are calling it the Dragon Spear.

Okay, so who's gonna be first to cross kit the engines from the C-27J onto a C-119? A TURBOBOXCAR!! How cool would *that* be?

:(

Hmmmmm..... I have plans for the two kits I have but, if I could come up with another Boxcar kit this does sound intriguing! :bandhead2:

Randie

It'll be tough to go from the round section of the boom (main gear bay) to the rectangular section of the C-27J nacelle, but it would look way cool!

;)

Well, I've got an old scrap Testors AC-119 that is missing a few pieces..... I could always experiment with it and some resin C-130 cowls that a friend cast for me a while back. :lol:

Randie

RR Darts (i.e. Vickers Viscount) would fit a C-119 perfectly, but I'm not sure if there's a 1/72 kit you could rob them from. Of course, it's sorta been done..albeit with four engines...

SN

Armstrong-Whitworth-AW-660-Argosy.jpg

:rolleyes: Very nice aircraft was the Argosy, the "Whistling Wheelbarrow", flew in them several times, including a navigational training sortie round the Norwegian airbases. Unfortunately, we arrived at Bodo in a thunderstorm, and I found out how much the wings would flex. :D

Robin.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Spartan today. Looks like a very nice kit. You get a Cartograf printed decal sheet and a small booklet containing historical info on the G222 and C-27, as well as a walkaround of both types. Good value for money if you ask me!

I got mine from Hannatts 11/19/10 its a beautifull kit but if you looked at the parts trees on the internet the alternet engines for thr G222 or C-27A are not included in this kit as you might think after viewing the parts trees that being said the US is getting the planes now and you could build a US version. the kit kind of reminds me of the ROG C-17 as thier is an interior that fits in between the fusalage halvesand gives you a pretty complete cargo and cockpit and you can display it with open cargo ramps

I got mine from Hannatts 11/19/10 its a beautifull kit but if you looked at the parts trees on the internet the alternet engines for thr G222 or C-27A are not included in this kit as you might think after viewing the parts trees that being said the US is getting the planes now and you could build a US version.

Whoa! That's one heck of a sentence man! Take a breath :bandhead2:

the kit kind of reminds me of the ROG C-17 as thier is an interior that fits in between the fusalage halvesand gives you a pretty complete cargo and cockpit and you can display it with open cargo ramps

It probably looks similar because it was designed by the same guy...

J