Apache - 1/32 Revell

Thanks guys, glad you approve :)

Just a quick update - starboard EFAB opened up and the 30mm ammo feed + 10 rounds, plus other details added - the boxes that look uncannily like dice will have lots of cabling added where the holes are.

MG6cu.jpg

• 1 month later...

Work progressing...slowly...

A quick dusting of primer on certain areas to check things are nice and smooth - the rivets are .5mm holes drilled and lead wire inserted, glued and gently filed down to the desired height

PGpck.jpg

Rear fuselage, all of the HIDAS mounts done, more rivets, not sure about the flare launchers, might need to shorten them...

rlD5U.jpg

MwPMr.jpg

Tail section, fabricated a hinge to enable the rear wing to be clipped into position, circular chaff mount made from some spare kit parts :)

ttsji.jpg

mIrae.jpg

YwqIz.jpg

Finally the radome,my good mate Mike vac-formed the two halves from the milliput mold and filled them with resin to strengthen the skin, ready for gluing together after a little sanding and adjustment :)

WuWPT.jpg

Watching your work is like watching magician. Difference is that your stuff is real.

You see he does his tricks, but you can't wrap your mind around how he does it.

We are not worthy should be copyrighted to Skii's threads. :worship:

• 2 months later...

on with a further update. My good buddy Mr Williams was kind enough to vacform the 2 halves of my radome master which I made from milliput - he then poured in some resin to the two halves and hollowed them out to give them some strength - I'm very glad he did as this allowed me to be pretty harsh with the sanding block and after much sanding and scribing, I've arrived at what I feel is a fairly convincing replica of the fire control radar.

WuWPT.jpg

6z4ws.jpg

5PUZn.jpg

So with this assembled and primed it needs a column to sit on - this took a while but with a couple of diameters of evergreen tubing and some more dead reckoning this should do the job

F5y9Z.jpg

Just a check to see if it 'sits' right - possibly could do with being a millimetre higher..

hlbqY.jpg

So here's some shots of the overall progress - still got to tackle those damn gearboxes and engine pods, but its beginning to take form :)

pwyNX.jpg

knj6D.jpg

V4Xip.jpg

iTGIO.jpg

aOfda.jpg

That's all for now :)

edit - just noticed I'd popped the radome column on upside-down for the photo shoot .... doh !! :rolleyes:

Hi John, once again you blow me away with this spectacular work!

What did you use or how did you make that hinge on the radome?

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Anthony :)

The hinge is very simple - just a length of .5mm styrene rod (you could use lead wire or stretched sprue) and make several cuts along it with a sharp blade, lay a thin strip of styrene card along side it for the bracket :)

John

Cheers Alby, it'll certainly be cool to have a 1/32 scale Longbow, I think Cobrahistorian built one a while ago too.

Some more work on the gearboxes - the thin shim of plastic card around the perimeter is to give the two halves a natural panel line.

pAluO.jpg

xInfu.jpg

Hello

This build, absolutely fantastic.

I had a chance to see 1:35 scale finished WAH-64D about month ago in one of the shows in Uk and it made huge impression on me.

It wasn't that well detailed as yours, but surely the size of it was just fantastic.

I think i want one too now, idea slowly grows in my head.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys

meanwhile after the birth of my son time has been a bit short, so this only update I can show you so far - I've given the model the Archer rivet decal treatment and a light primer / base coat of Modelmaster acrylic Helo drab (lovely paint by the way, better than all of the enamels I've tried so far )

The engine pods are yet to be painted - you can see the archer rivets clearly on them. On the downside I've managed to lose the PNVS turret so I'm still working out how to replace that :bandhead2:

34ao4.jpg

FPji2.jpg

mAtzE.jpg

jtYbJ.jpg

8rHMh.jpg

Oxdgi.jpg

Edited by Skii

Congrats with the newborn! :thumbsup: Got him into modelling yet? ;)

The rivets on the engine pods looks excellent. Hope you will find that missing part. Btw, did you ever finish that excellent Su-27UB?

Thanks Shawn, yep still sticking with it.

Congrats with the newborn! :thumbsup: Got him into modelling yet? ;)

The rivets on the engine pods looks excellent. Hope you will find that missing part. Btw, did you ever finish that excellent Su-27UB?

Cheers mate, I can't wait for that first build together, might be a little while yet though...! The Su-27, well I might finish that one day.

John