Apache - 1/32 Revell

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks guys :)

Beautiful work John. That head-on shot shows just how good your sensor suite looks. :thumbsup:

Did you catch Gary's thread in the research corner >>Click me<<

That weathered appearance will prove a challenge but I know you're up to it buddy. ;)

Cheers,

:cheers:

Glad you like it Guy, I've been chatting to Gary a lot recently and he's been more than generous in supplying reference material and advice on the build. On the subject of weathering I'm going to be using the oil dot method which gives lots of lovely tonal variations - very apt for the dark paintwork on these helicopters, I'm hoping to tread that fine line between too clean and overdone, although I suspect overdone is not something that applies to Apaches!

Cheers

John

final few shots for now - as you can see I've made a start on the weathering. I'm using the oil-dot method with Mig Abteilung 502 oils, the added bonus of Mig oils is the odourless thinner which is a godsend with a wife and 12 week old son around ;)

This method works best over a matt base coat hence the weathering before decals, but I'm quite pleased with the results so far. Those of you more familiar with this helicopter will note that there are lumps and bumps still missing such as nav lights and HIDAS sensors - all to come shortly :)

fHWay.jpg

NT01r.jpg

RH66J.jpg