pilatus p-c9

hi all,is there any kits of the pilatus p-c9m[version in service with the irish air corps] or any version in 1/72 scale...have decals for one and need to find a kit,thanks

Aeroclub did one long ago in short run plastic, but the only one available today (that I'm aware of) is the L&M resin kit.

PC-9 review

L&M PC-9M

The review says the PC-9A kit and the PC-9M have the same parts, just different decals. I don't know all of the differences between the marks, but if you're going economy, the PC-9A is available from L&M in an Austrailian boxing without decals and is €4 cheaper.

L&M PC-9A Australia

Gary

Aeroclub did one long ago in short run plastic, but the only one available today (that I'm aware of) is the L&M resin kit.

PC-9 review

L&M PC-9M

The review says the PC-9A kit and the PC-9M have the same parts, just different decals. I don't know all of the differences between the marks, but if you're going economy, the PC-9A is available from L&M in an Austrailian boxing without decals and is €4 cheaper.

L&M PC-9A Australia

Gary

hi gary,tnx for info on pc-9 kits,appreciate it

MHMM.. totaly agree with UKPonchoMan.

I had build 17 L&MPilatus PC9A and M for varius customers, moslty pilots in Slovenian air force, and models where aWFULL, so many superglue and puty on one model I had never used before...

I built the L&M as a T-6A Texan II - all I can think of to say is DON'T BOTHER! Not sure what resin they used, or who mastered it, but its awful...

hi,is it really that bad[?

MHMM.. totaly agree with UKPonchoMan.

I had build 17 L&MPilatus PC9A and M for varius customers, moslty pilots in Slovenian air force, and models where aWFULL, so many superglue and puty on one model I had never used before...

hi,thanks for the warning...i suppose i could build a shorts tucano[airfix kit comes to mind,have one in my "to do" pile]as a pc-9...after all,its fairly similar in overall shape

hi,thanks for the warning...i suppose i could build a shorts tucano[airfix kit comes to mind,have one in my "to do" pile]as a pc-9...after all,its fairly similar in overall shape

Eh, the Tucano and PC-9 are different enough that you'd have better luck converting a P-40 to a P-51.

Eh, the Tucano and PC-9 are different enough that you'd have better luck converting a P-40 to a P-51.

true enough but as i have no intention of displaying the model[toucano done as irish pc-9]in a show or competition i would be happy enough with it...but you are right about a p-51/p-40..cheers

If you realy want to model Pc-9, go with L&M kit, it can be made into nice model but with lot of work...

hi,would it be worth the effort considering the work involved and also the fact that i have never built a resin kit

It depensa how BAD do you realy want to build a Pc9...

hi,i want one really bad,as an ex member of the irish defence forces i like to have irish air corps aircraft models in my own scale"AIR FORCE"

Aaa then should be no problem for you, get your self a bottle of Super glue gel CA works best , some steel rods ( to have strong joints of fuselage to wing ), some putty, sanding paper and you can have nice model of Pilatus finnished.

Aaa then should be no problem for you, get your self a bottle of Super glue gel CA works best , some steel rods ( to have strong joints of fuselage to wing ), some putty, sanding paper and you can have nice model of Pilatus finnished.

ah grand job sir,thanks for the advice...will give it a try

• 10 months later...

:D, With the number of PC-9s sold around the world I'm surprised that not one of the regular mainstream or short run injection moulders has done it yet. I would think it would be worth at least Airfix's efforts to produce one with so many being in service with so many different countries around the world. They could even provide the big mainwheel doors used on the RAAF PC-9s as optional parts as well as the various different weapon and tank loads seen on PC-9s. Airfix, do you read this forum; a nice injection moulded PC-9 please, with optional parts to be able to build a RAAF version (including the glass cockpit) in at least the Roulettes livery.

:cheers:,

Ross.

:D, With the number of PC-9s sold around the world I'm surprised that not one of the regular mainstream or short run injection moulders has done it yet. I would think it would be worth at least Airfix's efforts to produce one with so many being in service with so many different countries around the world. They could even provide the big mainwheel doors used on the RAAF PC-9s as optional parts as well as the various different weapon and tank loads seen on PC-9s. Airfix, do you read this forum; a nice injection moulded PC-9 please, with optional parts to be able to build a RAAF version (including the glass cockpit) in at least the Roulettes livery.

:cheers:,

Ross.

I emailed Airfix along with Academy, Revell and all the regulars, they all advised that they have nothing in the works but would pass the request on to their development division. Sure hope someone listens to us lowly consumers! There is also forum "CT-156" looking for the same thing

Robert