A couple more days and I can really start working on the Vampire. I had gotten it from a friend whose father-in-law had the kit. Some parts were broken and some detail had been cut off so I have done some work on it to get ready.

Wayne

I'll join with a Revell 1/72 Voodoo, using the kit decals. The instructions call for a NMF or a alu lacquer bird, anyone know what they really were before the grey scheme arrived?

Some 416 Squadron Voodoos carried the aluminum laquer through to the early '80's. Photos show 101031 with that scheme as late as 1982 (two years before retirement) and I seem to recall seeing photos of one or two others from that time frame.

Cheers,

Sean

Good to hear that the Voodoo's never went to the low vis scheme, even during the 80's. Mine will be a 409 squadron bird, though. The kit has decals for 101010.

You, my good sir, are a man of taste and distinction. My Dad got his Voodoo ride in "Triple 10" when he was in 409.

Cheers,

Sean

Okay. Signing in before it's too late. My plan:

For sure:

1/72 CF-104D Starfighter (Hasegawa)

Most probably:

1/48 CF-104D Starfighter (Hasegawa) Using decals I was given for free from ALF18. <--- THANK YOU, MAN! :)

Possibly:

1/48 CF-18 Hornet (Hasegawa)

Maybe:

1/48 or 1/32 CL-13 Sabre (Manufacturer to be determined, suggestions welcome)

Looking really forward to this GB!

Cheers,

Rafael

Edited by RedIndian

I got mine at the Langley, BC store and they had about 6 copies on the shelf. The book gives details on every aircraft type operated/owned/borrowed/leased by the CDN military even if there was one-of-a-kind. There are photos of each type and a description of useage.

Barney

Edited by Barneydhc82

Regarding the book!!!!!!!!

No chapters within a long range have the book. I say, "Oh, ok." and get ready to leave. Guy at the store orders it and it will be delivered at the $10 price within two weeks!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting us know Barney, PEOPLE! go ORDER this book while its still on sale.