Just a heads up guys, December 1st is fast approaching. Time to start stocking up the beer fridge and to dig out your tuques.

Anyone else haven't completely decided on what to build yet. I keep going back and fourth between a few genres and several different aircraft.

Oh, and a reminder. To anyone who would like to use CanMilAir's great custom printed decals on thier GB entry. Contact me with your official entry and I will send you a discount code worth 10% off your CanMilAir Decals for the build.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

I am totally at a lose for what to build. I have Starfighter kits in every scale, CF-18s in 1/48 and 1/72 with Leading Edge decals. I would love to build my Kinetic F-86.

I just ordered the 100 years Anniversary decals from Leading Edge for the F-18.

I am sooo confused.

I am really looking forward to getting started on this build. It will be my first GB.

Rob

Just a heads up guys, December 1st is fast approaching. Time to start stocking up the beer fridge and to dig out your tuques.

Anyone else hasn't completely decided on what to build yet. I keep going back and fourth between a few genres and several different aircraft.

Oh, and a reminder. To anyone who would like to use CanMilAir's great custom printed decals on thier GB entry. Contact me with your official entry and I will send you a discount code worth 10% off your CanMilAir Decals for the build.

Hey Charlie, how about a CF-18B about 80% finished already? Yeah, I didn't think so either. :worship:

Just to remind everyone, I'm still giving away one model kit for this GB - a Hobbycraft 1/72 DHC-2 Beaver. No decals, but there are aftermarket sets available for it. It's yours for the asking - I won't even ask you to pay postage - all you have to do is promise to make your best effort to complete it for this GB.

Message me if interested.

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

First up will be a 1/32 scale Sabre of 441 or 427 Sqn.

Or maybe it'll be a 1/48 scale Sabre from 410, 414, 416, 422 or 434 Sqn or from the Skylancers display team?

Maybe it'll be a 1/48 scale Hasegawa CF-18 with unknown Canadian markings?

Perhaps a 1/48 scale CF-104 from 439 or 441 Sqn?

What about 1/48 scale CF-100 from 440 Sqn?

Possibly a 1/48 scale CF-101 from 409. 410, 414 or 425 Sqn.

I might just make a list and throw a dart at it and see what happens.

Whatever I end up building, this is going to be a fun GB.

OK, OK, you forced it outa me, I've cheated I started my Astra vacform Tutor, I cut the wheels out and sanded them down.

I feel so bad! :wacko:

:lol:

I feel bad for you too..... looking forward to some pictures.

Emil

Hey Mike...... I'll challenge you. I've got an Astra Arrow 1/72nd Vac kit and Decals. It's all yours if you build it for the GB and bring it to Heritage Con.

.... I'll ship it your way. You buy me a beer when ever. Send me a PM wit your Addy if you dare...........

Hey Charlie, how about a CF-18B about 80% finished already? Yeah, I didn't think so either. :wacko:

Hey Chuck, technically, Id have to say no. 25% or less would be ok. But you know what, Id love to see some pictures of it in the planned inspirational thread. Same goes for the Lanc.

I almost hate to ask ... but what are the criteria for this GB? ( I've participated in just one other Group Build and aren't at all familiar with the process)

Would a Canadian water bomber qualify?

TIA

Pete

Gday Pete

I have posted the preliminary rules in another thread. Any Canadian built water bomber would definitely qualify, or lets say a Canadian owned/operated foreign built wold qualify as well. If your unsure, please contact me by PM with your planned build and Ill give you a definitive answer.

Here's a rundown of the preliminary set of rules.

#1. Running time of the GB is December 1st 2010 til June 1st 2011.

#1.1 Model kit must at 25% completion or less at beginning of the GB to be an eligible build.

#2. Contest is open to any Canadian built and/or Canadian operated aircraft, civilian, commercial or military.

#3. Experimental and prototype aircraft are permitted as long as they actually flew and meet rule #2. (ie Canadair Dynavert, Avro Avrocar)

#4 "What Ifs" are not permitted, with the exception of (a) Avro Arrow in operational schemes, (cool.gif Boeing F-35 in Canadian Markings.

#5 Canadian Built Aircraft constitutes either an aircraft built in Canada under license or built by a Canadian owned company in Canada.

#5.1 Aircraft must have been assembled in Canada, not simply having Canadian built components.

#6. Canadian Operated Aircraft as stated above may be operated by Canadian military, law enforcement, government agency, or Canadian Company, or a civilian aircraft with a Canadian registration.

#7 While the consumption of Canadian Beer is not a prerequisite, it can be consumed with moderation while building GB entries.

#7.1 Canadian Beer may be substituted with a large coffee from Tim Hortons.

Work is getting to a tolerable pace these days. If I can get my hobby space figured out, I may (just may) be able to partake in this GB. I have several options to pick from as well. That'll be one of the toughest parts. Wonder if I should take on that 48 scale 104......hrmmm.

Okay, question. I came across this site about what if scheems and development had the Arrow went into production and was developed and upgraded. There are a few very cool and realistic ideas there. Check them out at the link. 'The Big 2' Mk IX Arrow interests me quite a bit.

http://kaap.purpleglen.com/

Edited by Oroka

Alright-y then ... count me in.

Canadair built Water Bomber ... with Ontario designation. OOB with Leading Edge decals.

And HeritageCon has taken Guelph's date, so it's on March 6, 2011 ... just FYI.

Thanx ... this'll be a hoot.

Pete

(near Niagara Falls)

Hey Mike...... I'll challenge you. I've got an Astra Arrow 1/72nd Vac kit and Decals. It's all yours if you build it for the GB and bring it to Heritage Con.

.... I'll ship it your way. You buy me a beer when ever. Send me a PM wit your Addy if you dare...........

Emil,

I've never even contemplated attempting a vac form kit let alone built one. However, I accept the gauntlet that has been tossed at my feet. I've sent you my address so you can ship the kit. Thanks for your offer....I think. That gives me three months to get this thing put together and present it at HeritageCon. No pressure there whatsoever.

I look forward to this and I hope I can do this kit justice. If you see me at HeritageCon and I look like this... :tease: ;) :crying: :wacko: :angry:...you'll know why.

Mike

Emil,

I've never even contemplated attempting a vac form kit let alone built one. However, I accept the gauntlet that has been tossed at my feet. I've sent you my address so you can ship the kit. Thanks for your offer....I think. That gives me three months to get this thing put together and present it at HeritageCon. No pressure there whatsoever.

I look forward to this and I hope I can do this kit justice. If you see me at HeritageCon and I look like this... :tease::rolleyes: ^_^ :woot.gif: :unsure:...you'll know why.

Mike

I've built both the Astra CF-100 and the CF-105 kits and they're excellent. They will spoil you for any other vacuformed kit you'll ever attempt. They don't have the surface detail of injection, but the fit and quality of the parts you get is excellent. And they're accurate in scale and shape as well (which is more than you can say for the ejection kits of the same subjects).

I really want to attempt a scratch built 1:32 scale Arrow but as there's a potential move in my future, I don't know if I could finish it. I could be moving all the way to China for a new job and that could seriously impact my modelling. I have a couple of 1:32 F-104 kits, a 1:32 F-86, a 1:32 CT-113, 1:48 CF-100. I mean, I have a bunch of options, but I really don't know what I could finish.

ocw_gb_banner.jpg

Edited by RiderFan

I might just throw myself at it with a H-21 from Special Hobby, with some Belcher Bits rotor blades and "stickers". Had my eyes on a blue, red and white with the ensign for a while...

Yup. Might just do that. Now if I can finish it for heritagecon... We shall see!

Cheers

H.

(Who might even be a resident by then...)