A Focke-Wulf with a twist...

Here is my 1/48 scale Dragon Fw 190D-9 that was built as the little known heavy armor version used by the Zerstorer units in late 1944. The model was built O.O.B. except for the heavy armed wing which came from a Fw 190A-8 kit.

Paints used were Model Master enamels and the airbrush used for this model was the Iwata Revolution BR. Markings came from my stash of spare decals.

392703729.jpg

392703853.jpg

392703547.jpg

392704780.jpg

392703730.jpg

392703852.jpg

392703854.jpg

392703546.jpg

392703549.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks once again HOLMES!

I wanted this model to look like a very well used Focke-Wulf so I weathered it as much as I could without it looking kind of cartoonish. When weathering models I have found sometimes less is more.

Matrixone

Thanks Romanator21!

I use three different photobases to take pics of my models on, all of them are thin sheets of plywood scrap I bought from a local lumber yard, the plywood was then covered with papier mache mixed with water and white glue. The grass was done by sprinkling model RR grass over earth colored white glue that was brushed on the photobase surface.

Matrixone

Thanks again Romanator21,

Depending on how thick your plywood base is you may need to build a basic frame to attach the plwood to so you can avoid any warping issues. If you have a hobby shop nearby check out the model RR section, many things that the model RR guys use on their layouts also work very good on photobases too.

Matrixone

Thank you Mike!

This model was painting practice for one of the 1/32 scale Dora's I will be building early next year, I intend to do W.Nr. 600150 the plane pictured on the cover of Jerry Crandall's Dora book (Vol.1). Compare the camouflage on this model to the Dora on the book cover.

Matrixone